Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    PlainOldMe Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2018

Default Re: Harrassment? Injury?

Hi again.

While I can see what you're saying, you still seem to be missing the point about them changing the job in a specific manner to (for want of a better word) "inconvenience" me. I have even surreptitiously got a job description from them, and I CAN do every single thing they ask on it. They're clearly asking extra of me, and ONLY me.

There is also the discrimination of sending me (In Weston Super Mare) to ridiculously long distance calls when they have lesser qualified (but more suited) engineers nearby, in the full knowledge that it was causing physical injury to me, as confirmed in an email from them in July 2017.

Bottom line is that - on a level playing field - I am capable of doing the job I am employed to do. In fact, I am the singularly most qualified engineer they employ. I am also the one with arguably the most (30 years) experience. My experience / qualifications and their job description fit like hand and glove. They are simply discriminating against me. For instance, if I had "difficulty" arranging flowers in a vase, you could bet they'd start sending me out to Newcastle to arrange flowers.
    I've perhaps been more apologetic for some of my shortcomings than I should have, but they are doing the wrong, not me. I am 100% capable of doing my job.

They've also breached documented arrangements / adjustments, or whatever you call them, for injuries that I received while working for them, and they have done so in a malicious manner. This has compounded physical damage to me, and both my and their doctors have catalogued the injuries to me on that front.

I think my positions is, if they want to fire me, let them. I actually enjoy the work I do (The job in my job description), but I've no particular desire to work for a company that will do that to a human being. My Union will represent me in any unfair dismissal / grievance hearing. They obviously have access to some mails I can't divulge here, but they see it as a firm case if it goes in that direction.

They've also put me in touch with their legal team regarding compensation for industrial injuries and harassment at work.

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

I hope the union can help. But I do think if they want to, they can legally dismiss on capacity, given what you have said here.

It might depend on the size of the unit too. Smaller units with fewer people have a much lower bar of what is "reasonable."

You won't know for sure until it goes to court.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

PS sorry forgot; they are only obliged to level the playing field if you are covered by the equality act.

"You're disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities."

I'd say no, based on what you have told us so far. But I am not a judge. In effect though uitl you confirm that protection you're running on favours.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details