1st [nationwide], 2nd Picture/Webb mortgage, negative equity, what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on a tracker and my agreement says (should have read the small print first) that any changes in the base rate will be taking effect from the 1st of the following month.

So rate should come down from 1st of September and my next payment end of September should be lower.

If not I will start to kick up a fuss.

Mind you, they still haven't send me a letter to this effect but I can tell by my next payment anyway.

When I had a mortgage and the interest rate was dropping like a lead balloon, HSBC kept me informed pretty soon after the interest rate drop notice. It is the only good thing I would say about HSBC.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I phoned NatWest again asking when I would be informed about my new payment, considering the next mortgage payment is due out in two weeks time.

The advisor said they haven't actually changed the payment amount yet in the system as far as he could see, but I should get a letter 'soon'.

Well, we'll wait and see. He said they have to send so many letters out , that's why there could be a delay. If they take the same amount again at the end of the month, then they just 'hadn't got around to changing it' and I would get a refund once that had been processed.

Funny how prolonged and dragged out such things can be when it is in the customer's favour and how quick and efficient they can be when it is the other way around

• 3 months later...

Had new letter from Idem saying my repayment agreement for the arrears has come to an end and I should call them.

I sent them a letter stating I won't discuss anything over the phone and everything has to be done in writing only, so they sent me an I&E form, which i completed and returned.

They then sent me another letter saying they received the I&E form and I should call them. :-D

I sent them a letter back stating yet again I won't deal with them over the phone and asked them why they just don't put in their letter what it is they want rather than send a letter asking me to call them, when they very well know I won't.

It's a bit like dealing with a bunch of imbeciles.

I haven't heard from them since.

I wonder why they keep sending me letters asking me to call them when they should know by now I won't ?

pers i'd have stopped pointless letter tennis a long time ago

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that means all comms...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So should I stop responding to them ?

I am making full monthly contractual payments plus some extra every month (as per I&E forms) to kill the arrears which have now come down to just over 2K

I have completed a new I&E form and am making these payments monthly without fail.

When they keep sending me their letters asking me to call them within xxx amount of days, should I not respond at all now and just keep on paying ?

• 3 weeks later...

Had another letter today asking me to call them :-x

Also stated their records show they have been unable to contact me.....

You just couldn't make it up.

I have now re-sealed the letter and sent it back as junk mail (return to sender) as I warned them I would do should they not stop sending me this junk.

But I am at a loss how else I can tell them that I won't be calling them and they have to put in writing whatever it is they want from me, nothing seems to get through to them !

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, had a couple of letters today from my friends at Idem.

First one acknowledged my request for SAR but said as it is a joint debt with someone else (my ex)

they will only provide redacted information unless I provide them with written consent from the other joint account holder. That's probably an accurate request.

I won't get consent from my ex as we don't talk and he lives elsewhere

(not contributing to this debt at all),

so redacted information will have to suffice I suppose.

Will see what they send.

I am mainly interested in charges and fees levied.

They have also responded to my letter of complaint and even partly upheld it.

They say they will pop a cheque in the post for some compensation for the inconvenience they have caused. Fair enough. Will see when the cheque comes in.

They say they should have put into their letters what it is they need to know from me rather than just sending letters asking me to call them.

They have now made a note that everything is done in writing only.

Let's see what happens going forward.

Have noticed that the arrears figure they quoted has jumped from just over 2K to just under 3K, a difference of about £600.- since December

Obviously I will query this.

The two things they say they wanted to know with regards to my I&E are two things:

- I have put down a secured loan for £xxx and they want to know what that is and whether that loan is up to date.

Amusingly enough they somehow failed to notice that that is their own bl***dy payment and loan.

It is the exact amount I am paying them and there is no other secured loan mentioned on my I&E ?!

- second query is the housekeeping costs I put down as £xxx and they thought it wasn't enough for an adult with two kids.

Well, if I put that any higher I have to reduce the arrears payment to them, but as I have been paying this exact amount for approx three years now I can obviously afford it.

My latest I&E is not significantly different from the one I did before , and they didn't have these questions at that time.

I think they are just making this up. They can't be serious !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got SAR documents now. Quite interesting as they claim a lot of information they hold does not fall within the ambit of the Data Protection Act, stating it is not kept on relevant filing systems. (?)

They also refused to provide details about commissions paid to (or received from) introducers or money received from an insurer as that is not personal data.

They have included some screenshots , the original agreement, copies of my letters and e-mails to them (even photocopies of the envelopes I sent my letters in !) :wink: plus copies of their letters to me. Plus an account statement which only goes up to the beginning of January.

They sent it a few days ago and is dated March, so about 2.5 months are missing on the statement.

There are no fees or charges on that statement apart from a fee from last year for a letter they sent, but that has since been re-credited.

If they have got a separate account just for the fees and charges I assume they would have had to include that in the SAR documents ?

Also the statement does not give an up to date arrears balance. There is no mention of that, confusingly enough the correspondence that was included gives a wide variety of arrears figures. The best one for me would be the one shown in correspondence from last year which is just over 2K. But some letters show it at over 3K and some somewhere in the middle.

So the SAR raised more questions than what it answered.

An interesting point is that they have only recently started to charge interest on the arrears balance, they didn't for a long time but have only started doing this according to the statement.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't got an up to date arrears balance from Idem.

That information was not included in the SAR,

I have requested it several times but all they sent me now is account statements with no indication what the arrears are.

I am now in the process of negotiating a financial settlement with my ex husband and my solicitor needs an arrears balance, but IDEM won't send me the required information.

I have requested a credit report from Experian and Callcredit and on one of them I can see a delinquent balance against the IDEM loan which is higher than the outstanding balance.

I assume if I deduct one from the other the difference should be the actual arrears which IDEM is recording ?

I am at a loss how to get them to comply with my request for an updated arrears statement.

They didn't even include it in the SAR paperwork.

Any ideas ?

Ok, received an allegedly up to date arrears statement in the post today.

Dated 22.03, amount in arrears £3368.-, I compared this with an arrears notification from November and December last year:

November 28th 2016, arrears figure £2806, December 6th 2016 arrears figure £2226, March 22nd 2017 arrears figure £3368.-

WTF :-x

I feel another letter to their customer service department coming along....

• 1 year later...

I hope someone here can give me some advice.

I am divorced, living in the marital home which has a joint mortgage and a joint secured loan.

My ex husband is living with his new girlfriend in her house and is making 0 contributions to either the mortgage or secured loan.

I am currently paying the £1200 per month on my own.

As I am the one living in the house with my son, my ex knows the mortgage company and secured loan company will lean on me rather than on him to make payments.

I have been going on for 5 years like this with no contribution from him.

My ongoing problem is I can't get him off the joint mortgage , (I can't remortgage on my own, due new mortgage lending criteria they say I can't afford it, although I have been paying it for 5 years on my own)

Every 2 years when the current mortgage deal expires I have a problem getting a new deal sorted out as my ex is obnoxious and won't fully cooperate.

He now says he won't agree to any new deal to force me on to the standard variable rate which could potentially mean I won't be able to meet the repayments anymore.

So although he no longer lives at the property and makes no financial contribution towards it, he seems to hold all the cards to potentially make me loose the house, is there anything I can do ?

What was agreed in your divorce settlement with regards to joint debts...Matrimonial home ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What was agreed in your divorce settlement with regards to joint debts...Matrimonial home ?

Andy

That is still rumbling on after 5 years. We couldn't agree on the terms of a financial settlement so it has now gone to court. I can't afford legal representation so represent myself, he has got a solicitor.

I have asked for the legal title of the home to be transferred into my name (I already own 100% of the beneficial interest due to his previous bankruptcy during the marriage), a pension share and that he contributes equally to the secured loan until it is paid off. He is contesting it all, so it is at court now.

As part of all of this I have been asked to try and get him off the mortgage, which Nat West is refusing due to my circumstances....

Divorce and financial settlement are two separate issues.

He bankrupted himself previously so I bought him out during the marriage. Hence he has no beneficial interest left.

There are also children involved. I still live in the house with our son.

Due to mortgage & secured loan there is hardly any equity.

Divorce and financial settlement are two separate issues.

He bankrupted himself previously so I bought him out during the marriage. Hence he has no beneficial interest left.

There are also children involved. I still live in the house with our son.

Due to mortgage & secured loan there is hardly any equity.

No there is not...thats why you are in this dilemma now because your settlement should have been sorted way before the nisi was granted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread