Npower Nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI I have both my Gas and Elec accounts with N Power. I have been with NPower for almost 10-11 years.

Quite some time ago I fell into arrears with both accounts so went onto pre-pay and started to pay for usage and payback on the meters.

I have recently checked my file, there is 2 things that dont add up.

no.1 the start date on both files are wrong.

The 1st 3 years the accounts were held in my company name as the house was being used for business.

It seems that they have moved the accounts over onto my personal name after the company went bust.

I have questioned them on this but they say that the files dont go back that far.

no.2 the debt upto 6 month ago had come down from 1600 to 780ish on one account.

There is then a U for 2 months and then it more than doubles to 1800ish,

this coinsides iirc with when we had a new meter fitted.

I have told them that it is wrong, but they have said its correct and closed the case.

It is impossible for the debt to go up like that on a pre-payment meter.

What can I do on both issues please? Its affecting my credit rating.

Many Thanks:-x

sole trader or ltd?

have they registered a default date in the summary?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi can anyone help?

7years ago i managed to rack up a large bill with npower that i couldnt pay in full for both gas and elec.

I made a arrangement to pay off £5month plus pre pay meters.

I have paid every month.

24 month ago i had the gas down to 933 as per my credit file.

I checked my file in feb and it had jumped up to around 1300.

rang and complained heard nothing and forgot.

I have checked friday and they now have it at 2400ish.

Rang them and they say i owe 1300 but my cred file is also right?

I have argued its wrong but got nowhere.

I asked for a email so could send a sar for info back to 2004 when i opened the accounts.

They have said they need to send me the sar request which will take 14 days..

Thing is, is this correct?

Can i not just send them a sar?

Does anyone have details of where to send and who i make the £10 out too pls?

Many thanks

You don't need to wait for one of their forms, load of old tosh, you can submit a request however you want.

Besides its the new GDPR rules now, so 30 days for them to send it back.

Are you still paying NoPower direct?

Access to your personal information – you are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time so you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of how we are using it. If you write to, email or phone us and ask to see this information, it is known as a 'subject access request' or “SAR” for short. If it is not clear who we are dealing with or we are unsure precisely what you are asking for we may need to ask you to provide some additional information. We will not charge a fee unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive (particularly if it is repetitive) when we may charge you a reasonable fee for obtaining your information based on the administrative costs of providing it.

• Write: npower – Rainton House, Individual Rights Team, PO Box 177, Houghton–le-Spring, DH4 5OZ; or
  • Call: 0800 073 3000 or textphone 0800 413 016 (generally free from most landlines) Monday – Friday 8am-8pm or Saturday 8am-6pm

https://www.npower.com/about-npower/privacy-policy/

I would laways write, and send RD.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The GDPR has brought in some significant changes in how an SAR is processed, all of which work in your favour.

1. They cannot require you to fill in a form. In fact there are no formal requirements at all, you can make an SAR verbally, or in writing in any format, by post, email, even a tweet or a Facebook post. It just has to be clear that you are requesting your personal data.

2. They can only ask for ID if they are in some doubt as to your identity. And they can't make unreasonable demands in that regard.

3. It's free - they can't charge you unless your SAR is either unreasonable or repetitive.

4. They have thirty days to respond.

I always make my SAR by registered post and I send a photocopy of my passport and a recent bank statement to make sure that the recipient has no grounds to dispute or obfuscate receipt of it or my identity.

and its NOW FREE

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

old and new threads merged

and they

old and new threads merged

Thanks all. I have emailed them requesting a Sar, also sent them a copy of my drivers licence. I have sent it twice for good measure. I have checked my gas meter today and it says i owe 2.5k which is wrong. There is also a date on tge new meter of july 2016 which coinsides with the change in my credit file.

Really need it sorting asap as its stopping me remortgaging 😡

hang on

if this debt stems back more than 6yrs it should not be showing

they should have defaulted you .

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi can anyone shed some light on my options please?

2 years ago I had issues with both my gas and electric. I managed to rack up some debt (well they said I had). £2500 for gas and £1900 elec. I decided to have pre pay meters fitted and setup a plan with them to pay off the debt.

Now back in Jan, I noticed that they had registered poor credit on my file for both accounts for the full 12 months, all 6's but no payments ever missed. I rang them to dispute the marks and also the balances as I now believed that some of the original debt wasnt mine. They were insistant that all was correct.

They say that they are down as late payments, as meter payments dont count as a credit agreement payment? How is this, whem the agreement I made with them was to pay X amount per week on my meter off the bills.

I filled a complaint and also emailed a SAR letter alomg with ID.

They then sent me forms to fill in for the SAR 30 days later. I rang them and said I have already emailed them a SAR and ID. Again adamant that they wont accept the SAR.

No ive got no where with them and decided to bite the bullet 3 week ago and pay both accounts in full (even though im disputing) as its affecting my file. The rest of my file is perfect as i dont really use cards etc.

Question is, can I apply to the courts to have the incorrect file history removed? I dont feel they will provide me with SAR and.

I have paid it off anyway.

Many Thanks

Its not incorrect.

You entered an arrangement with the installation of the meters

Did they enter a defaulted date in the summary?

and they

I havent defaulted though. I agreed to pay X amount throught the meters each week. That was the agreement we made. No default made. At one point the file was showing 0 then 1's for some reason.

Im not sure whats going on but ive paid it off and asked them to send a SAR. The file changed when.I had replacement meters fitted (forgot to memtion) they actually added the original balance back to my account. This has now been sorted but the payment hasnt and they insist its correct. Even though it was correct before they made the mistake.

Can i have it removed via a N244 application?

There is no default or CCJ so frustrating.

When i spoke to the ref agency the lady said both accounts are showing as delinquent?

Edited by dx100uk
merge/quote

you have defaulted on the original accounts.

Its nothing to do with them taking you to court, so theres nothing to set aside.

They are correct to mark the file as an arrangement .

.a pp meter is still not paying the outstanding balance when it should be paid,

its taken off the key whenever you top up.

And is still lower than what you should have paid under the original contract by DD you signed up for.

Cant see how they are 'late' but poss overlimit .

But npower never get anything right should be AP marker and they should have defaulted you.

The 6 marker continues to run as its a calender accumulator of how you operated the accounts

Is it 6 for both?

and they

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I didnt get a notification.

Its both,

how do i add a screen shot to the thread?

Some say 6 but previous have been 0's 2's 1's etc.

I was also disputing the amounts as I had a feelimg the amounts were maybe from a previous owner but i got nowhere.

Ive now paid both accounts im full just to be done with.

Is there a way to apply to the courts to have the info removed at all?

Cheers

Edited by dx100uk
quote spacing.

as I said its an accumulative thing.

1 means you have made to that date one late/over/or whatever [that you didn't meet the required] payment for that month.

2. means you've done it again.[doesn't have to be consecutive months] ..just you've failed twice.

etc etc

upto 6 which is as far as credit ref agencies go in their particular calendar marking systems.

some deem 6 as defaulted, some use 8 as defaulted, some use D as defaulted.

the important bit is the summary line of the account

if is doesn't say 'defaulted' or 'late payment' or WHY in the summary then you are ok.

mortgage or people you want credit from wont and cant see the calendar section only you can and the owner of the account.

there is no remit through the courts to question a credit file , not sure where you are getting that from.

now if things are 'not as you think' they should be.

then send whoever [in this case.. npower] an sar

get all the data they hold on you and check it.

i'e you believe the balance might not be all yours, might be correct, but at the end of the day it doesn't wipe 'the whole balance', so cant do anything about the markers as that is a true reflection of how you operated your account with them.

dx

and they

aha

just checked your username and this is the 4th thread you've started on this debacle..

each time it gets merged with the existing thread

each time you vanish..

only to return again asking the same questions but in a different way..

so all the thread are merged again for you..

so you've already sent an sar and this resulted in them refusing? to send older data because 'they have lost it' due to a 'change of billing system'?

it appears this stems back to a failed business energy account at your home [ I'e like say you ran a bed and breakfast or WHY and it failed]

it was then transferred to your name as a residential bill and wacked over to pre payment meters .

so were you operating at your home as a limited company or a sole trader please?

think this has been asked before....

and they

Hi thanks for the replies sorry yes I have asked previously, ive kinda got side tracked with work at times or unable to find the thread.

Yes I ran a business from home energy bills were in a ltd company name. That company failed and the bills somehow transfered to me!.

I have spoken with Npower and they have admitted having information on the old company. Strange as previously they denied having info back to x year.

I lodged a complaint and the complaints team found the info.

I have sent numerous SAR requests via Email using the template on here along with photo ID requesting all info for myself and the company.

I have followed the request up and was told they wont provide it as I must use there forms.. Is this true??

I have just checked both accounts, there are no defaults and both say Active. Last history on the calender is U for gas and 6 for Elec.

I have paid these in full this week. Does this mean that next month, it should show as 0 on both and lenders would just see that its upto date?

All my other credit accounts show as 0's but my score is a mere 320

Thanks for your help. Appreciated

Edited by dx100uk

Hi thanks for the replies sorry yes I have asked previously, ive kinda got side tracked with work at times or unable to find the thread.

Yes I ran a business from home energy bills were in a ltd company name. That company failed and the bills somehow transfered to me!.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?479587-Eon-claimform-disolved-Ltd-Co.-util-Bill

I have spoken with Npower and they have admitted having information on the old company.

Strange as previously they denied having info back to x year.

I lodged a complaint and the complaints team found the info.

I have sent numerous SAR requests via Email using the template on here along with photo ID requesting all info for myself and the company.

I have followed the request up and was told they wont provide it as I must use their forms.. Is this true?? was this under GDPR?

I have just checked both accounts, there are no defaults and both say Active. Last history on the calender is U for gas and 6 for Elec.

I have paid these in full this week. Does this mean that next month, it should show as 0 on both and lenders would just see that its upto date? - lenders cant see the calendar markers. as already explained sev times the 1-6 is accumulative counter

All my other credit accounts show as 0's but my score is a mere 320

Thanks for your help. Appreciated

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Thought I had sorted this, but clearly not. Refused credit by my bank.

Checked my file, Npower again. Paid both accounts off back in October with a view of disputing total amount and claiming back but got side tracked.

Npower is showing as 0 for last 2 months but balance as over 1200 on one and 580 on the other. Statements actually show im in credit by 380 in total.

With regards to markers. What do lenders see if they dont see the calender?

Wpuld they just see 6's?

How long does it take for that to change?

They also said they could see an AP on my mortgage but that was from 3 year ago no missed since.

Cheers

are you mortgaging with the same lender

if so yes they can see the full calendar for their file only.

as for npower, why have they not updated the account balance, that's not on.

and they

Hi Dx, its car finance with RBS i was applying for. They said they could see AP on my mortgage acc, says 0 for last 30 month though?

Not surr why Npower havent updated. They changed the status to 0 for last 2 month but put random amounts on the amount bit. I have my own Npower complaints manager now. Lucky me eh.... She hasnt responded for 2 month. Experian asked for an update on 13th dec.. She left a note on my Npower file saying too busy to look at it... so a week on, im on the phone kicking off.

Could I take this to court?

What can RBS actually see on my file with regards to old markers? Im confused.

Many Thanks

on noddle what does the status of the mortgage say

if it says AP , then that's how they are seeing it.

did you ever have an arrangement with your mortgage provider paying less than the CMI you should? and who are they

and they

Hi, i have a noddle score of 623 so almost excellent.

Equifax is 358 so similar. Neither of these have Npower listed.

Experian shows as fair..

Mortgage shows as upto date.

When i fell into arrears on my mortgage some 4 year ago, I had to goto court and we aggreed on an AP. I paid an additional £350p/m until back upto date. Last late payment on mortgage was 30 month ago.

Many thanks for your help.

I cant use Experian

scan up your relevant page to PDF

read upload.

outside of the calendar [for the minute IGNORE that exists at all]

there is a statement line for the mortgage which is the line creditors can see

it has a status section what does that say AP?

who is the mortgage company?

and they