Misuse of my fathers 60+ card - HELP PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for the information.

In my opinion you can still try to negotiate with TfL up until the court date. If you ring them and agree a settlement though, you need to be able to pay it at the time, I don't think they take instalments. Other people have spoken to TfL and managed to get settlements and no criminal record.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I tried but it keeps saying they are busy.

But I dont get it, I sent a letter before saying that I want to settle this out of court but now I have to call them up again after they want to prosecute me.

Edited by lifeisruined

All I can tell is what other people have done, it's up to you if you want to try. If it's important to you not to have a criminal record, then it's worth putting in the effort. You need to speak to the person who wrote to you - do they have a direct line?

Old-CodJA who is a prosecutor says that you can negotiate up to the court date and that people have settled in person with the prosecutor on the day.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah I spoke to the prosecutor (investigator/Prosecutor - Investigations, Appeals & Prosecutions (IAP)) and she said that I cannot settle out of court. I told her about my finanical situation on that time and that I had no choice.

Try again on the day

Did she give a reason?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO that's a good offer mind!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You saying “I had no choice” isn’t inspired.

It suggests that if a similar situation arose again, you’d just do the same again.

That isn’t the impression you want to give.

It provokes them thinking “well then, the only way to reduce the risk of them doing the same again is to prosecute. That way, they might learn their lesson, which they aren’t showing any sign of doing at the moment”.

IMHO that's a good offer mind!!

I’m not sure that is the whole story.

That is £225 for TfL’s costs.

So, that £225 is in addition to any fare evaded, any fine imposed, and any victim surcharge ........

The OP had previously said:

I am very worried. I dont want a criminal record, its the last thing I want.

Then, 13.31 on the 7th June

I think I am just going to plead guilty and wait on how much they will fine me.

14.24 on the 7th June.

All I can tell is what other people have done, it's up to you if you want to try. If it's important to you not to have a criminal record, then it's worth putting in the effort. You need to speak to the person who wrote to you - do they have a direct line?

Old-CodJA who is a prosecutor says that you can negotiate up to the court date and that people have settled in person with the prosecutor on the day.

HB

23.50 on the 7th June.

Nevermind guys, I pleaded guilty and awaiting the amount I have to pay etc.

So, despite HB’s reply within an hour of your post saying you were just THINKING of a guilty plea, within 10 1/2 hours you had already made a guilty plea. You know, what with the criminal record that brings being the last thing the OP wanted, and all.

There is just no helping some people.