Mistaken identity has ruined my credit report for a 3rd time !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a horrid situation to find yourself in.

I would be keeping a note of every minute spent trying to resolve this as I would want compensation for that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CitizenB, I did spot this and the final draft sent does state "Incorrect".

It truly is a horrid situation and I wouldnt wish this on anyone , its ok for them to send letters stating "we understand that this has caused blah blah blah", but im sorry they do not understand one little bit.

Everytime this happens it turns my life upside down and this one has came at the wrong time, the time i am spending trying to sort this mess out is totally depriving me time with my new 4 week old daughter.

I check my credit reports quite often and in March this year i started having serious trouble with mistaken identity.

This thread is about my Electoral Roll Entry on my Noddle(call credit) Credit Report.

At the beginning of March my credit report was clear and all information correct, by the 23rd of March my Electoral Roll Entry had been changed to have a middle initial.

I emailed Noddle to find out why without any permission or legal documents being supplied had my Electoral Roll been changed.

No reply so i emailed them again.

Up until this point they have refused to answer the question.

Because some files have been suppressed on my credit report for the time being , my Electoral Roll entry has been changed again to show the correct name.

What is going on and WHO is at fault here ???

SAR requested from call credit , awaiting response, dont know if that will show me what im looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Hi CitizenB, I did spot this and the final draft sent does state "Incorrect".

It truly is a horrid situation and I wouldnt wish this on anyone , its ok for them to send letters stating "we understand that this has caused blah blah blah", but im sorry they do not understand one little bit.

Everytime this happens it turns my life upside down and this one has came at the wrong time, the time i am spending trying to sort this mess out is totally depriving me time with my new 4 week old daughter.

:thumb: That is good you spotted the error in time.

That was my thinking, a new addition to the family is stressful enough, you dont need these clowns depriving you of time with your new daughter.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You say they have refused.

Have they actually refused or simply not responded?

What files have been suppressed and how do you know?

Other than those questions, it's probably worth waiting until the sar to see what information you get

You say they have refused.

Have they actually refused or simply not responded?

What files have been suppressed and how do you know?

Other than those questions, it's probably worth waiting until the sar to see what information you get

Sorry i maybe should have worded that better, They have simply not responded or acknowledged the question.

All of the information concerning the accounts which are mistaken identity on my credit report have been supressed, from accounts, linked addresses, all searches carried out have been removed.

Without detailing a lot more information the original post will become lost i think, the main issue is WHY and WHO has changed my Electoral roll without consent.

However i do have a letter from Noddle telling me that a "disputed entry on my credit file has been supressed" , this more relates to my O2 thread.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?488103-O2-refusing-to-remove-incorrect-data-from-credit-report.

When is the SAR due?

• 4 weeks later...

SAR received in time, letter of complaint sent regarding why they keep changing my electoral roll, this is there response on this matter which i find unbeleivable that this could happen,

“After investigation, we can confirm that we are now making arrangements for your credit report to be amended. You will now appear on the Electoral Roll as xxxxx xxxxx. However, because there are accounts on your report in the name of xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, this may re-appear. If this is the case, you would need to contact the lenders that are supplying the name xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx and have them amend their information. This amendment will be completed within 14 days.”

Spoke to ICO regarding this matter and they state only the local authority can change my electoral roll with my say so.

Sent another complaint to call credit giving them 7 days to come up with a proper answer and if it has been changed by a company , then to give me the companies name so that i can deal with them.

There 7 days have passed so i will be logging a complaint to the ICO

Updates to follow.