Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    ascoli Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2018

Default Re: Indigo - "Penalty Notice" - Maidstone East station Car park [Southeastern Trains]

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    Clocks already ticking. They have until 12th Oct to summons you.

This is where wasting their time with questions comes in to it, when the time comes.
    What would your first question to London/Southeastern Rail be? And when would you send it?

(Sorry for all the questions, but it's a good help )

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: Indigo - "Penalty Notice" - Maidstone East station Car park [Southeastern Trains]

See Post #31

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    ascoli Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    See Post #31
    Ah apologies!

What are the chances of them ignoring the letters and just proceeding straight to a summons?

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Well, there are never any guarantees, but if they can't/don't/won't justify their own actions, then the chances of them actually winning a court case 'beyond reasonable doubt' start to get quite slim.

And if the law that they are attempting to prosecute you under does not allow them to increase the penalty (and it doesn't), then the whole thing starts to unravel.

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Look,
    they want the money,
    they are not interested in spending a small fortune on dragging you in front of the beak when they cant get a bean out of you as a result and may yet get the case dismissed for technical reasons regarding authority for Indigo to be involved in any process.

AS Df says appealing and then appealing to POPLAicon may well run the clock down as by the time they have the appeals heard and then sent out another reminder for you to pay up october will be upon us

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    AS Df says appealing and then appealing to POPLAicon may well run the clock down
    Oh, that's a whole new can of worms. POPLOL can't adjudicate on Byelaw offences, it's outside of their remit.

This means that apart from Indiglo themselves (who will 99.9% of the time dismiss appeals without even considering them (there's no profit in allowing appeals)) there is no route of appeal unless and until the TOC take you to Magicourt.

Doesn't sound fair, does it?

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

But they are BPA members so I reckon they cant do anything whilst you go through the appeals procedure even though we all know it is pointless.
    it will cost them money and the appeal can be as simple as Indigo have no locus standi so cant claim anything for breach of conditions.
    Let the POPLAicon decide .

i would place money of them telling the OP that they have sided with indigo and he should pay up and not consider the legal merits of either side.
    They have done this before but importantly it will run the clock down whilst indigo think they have a chance of grabbing some moolah.

it will only be when they rumble that it is a time waster they will move things on.
    If they have contacted the DVLA they arent likely to later on say that they know there was no grounds for them to do so and it all has nothing to do with them guv.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details