• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parcel2go Hermes lost goods - **small claim issued against P2G*** WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am posting this on behalf of my father who used parcels2go to return a zimmerframe

which cost £89. He also paid for extra insurance on the web site in order to sent this item back. My father was unable to use his printer to print out a label and informed Parcels2go.

Parcels2go sent Hermes to collect the parcel.

The parcel was collected by a Hermes courier on March 15, 2018 and has been missing ever since !

After numerous chat sessions and emails no progress in finding the parcel whatsoever was made.

Hermes admitted that the parcel was lost by them, but told us that we had to contact Parcels2go. Parcels2go said that we should contact the retailer etc ..

Long story short Parcel2go offered a refund... only for the delivery costs.

The total sum of £12.

My father was ready to say goodbye to his money.

Luckily I found your website and on Saturday I sent them a letter before action giving them 4 working days to respond, because so much time has already passed.

If you read the correspondence it really seems as though they are just trying to waste time .

This is what they sent as a reply to the letter before action:

Good Afternoon Ashley.

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your recipient.

I cannot see the links you have provided in your email Ashley.

If you have sent attachments, we are unable to view this on this account due to security reasons. Please upload this directly onto your claim or email ,,,,,,,

Should you have any further queries Ashley, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest Regards

A Ali

Parcel2Go.com

What a joke !

We did not send any links or attachments .This whole back and forth with these people has been an absolute nightmare. I think they do it on purpose to wear you down so that you just give up.

I convinced my father not to let them get away with this.

He paid for a service then paid for insurance for the service ... ( so bizarre. )

Could you please advise us on the next steps to take

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parcel2go are nuts. But then if you are dealing directly with Hermes, they are nuts as well.

Anyway your claim is with Parcel2go if you made the contract with them and you paid them.

You have given four days notice but I'm afraid the protocol requires 14 days. I would suggest that you send another letter before claim to Parcel2go – detailing what has happened and what you are claiming and telling them that you will begin your claim in 14 days if you don't get a complete refund by then.

In the meantime visit the MoneyClaim website, open an account – and draft your claim. Get ready to click it off on day 15.

On the basis of what you say, I estimate that your chances of success are better than 95%

Your claim would be broadly: –

The claimant paid the defendant XXX pounds on XXX date to carry out the delivery of a Zimmer frame value £XXX to a UK address. The cost of the delivery was £XXX. The claimant also paid £XXX to the defendants as an insurance cover to protect themselves against the possible breach of their contract by the defendant.

The defendants have lost the parcel and have admitted this. Despite this, they refuse to reimburse the claimant for the value of the parcel.

The claimant seeks £XXX being the value of the lost Zimmer frame plus £XXX for the insurance cover which the claimant now understands is unfair because the defendants were obligated to carry out the contract satisfactorily in any event and are responsible for losses incurred by their breach.

Total: £XXX

Parcel2go are legendary for this kind of ridiculous behaviour. They seem to be completely dishonourable and the only unfortunate thing is that once you issue the claim then in all likelihood they will put their hands up and pay the money.

It is possible that they will try to bluff you out and put in a defence and force you to pay the hearing fee. However, once you pay the hearing fee and they realise that you are prepared to go to the end, they will try to pay you off. My prediction is that they will try to pay the cost of the Zimmer frame but attempt to withhold the cost of the additional insurance.

Stick by your guns. You will get it all back. The insurance is ridiculous. Imagine going into a restaurant and paying for a meal and then having to pay extra insurance cover to make sure that it arrives hot or that it arrives on time.

The delivery charge that they asked for is the cost of delivering item and the value of it is covered within that contract. This culture that delivery companies seem to have of asking for the contractual price – and then something else to carry out the obligations correctly is amazing and I have no idea how it ever happened. Unfortunately, almost all customers now seem to accept that the delivery companies have a right to do this.

Give Parcel2go a slap. Challenge them.

Engage with this thread. Keep us informed step-by-step. Do be aware that if they decide to put in a defence then you will have to pay a hearing fee to continue. There is a remote chance that they may decide to go to the hearing. I will be amazed if they win – but I suppose that it is always a slight chance. As I said before. They need a slap and in fact the whole industry needs a slap

Just a quick update

This is the email received today:

Good Afternoon Ashley,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Firstly please allow me to offer you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences which have been caused with this order.

As advised as the parcel was handed over to the incorrect driver and with no labels , we will not be proceeding with a claim.

However we have processed your carriage costs as a goodwill.

I would also like to direct you to our Terms and Conditions with regards to the extent of our liability:

https://www.parcel2go.com/content/about-terms.aspx

Due to the above information Ashley, I can confirm the offer made on this claim is correct and it will not be increased.

I hope I have been able to explain everything for you and should you require any further assistance regarding this or any other matter Ashley please do not hesitate to come back to me.

Kindest Regards

michela Pappa

Parcel2Go.com

According to their terms and conditions they are not liable. What about the insurance that you are required to purchase on the web site.

My father says the website does not allow you to continue at all unless you take out extra insurance ?

Well , they refunded the delivery costs plus insurance £12.16.

My father told them categorically he did not accept their offer of just the delivery costs.

and today he got another e mail:

Good Afternoon Ashley.

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your recipient.

There was a failed collection with DX. I am very sorry for this however we advise that the collections and deliveries are not guaranteed Ashley.

It is absolutely your prerogative to proceed to escalate this. I must advise that the decision will remain the same.

Should you have any further queries Ashley, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest Regards

A Ali

Parcel2Go.com

collections and deliveries are not guaranteed ( Is that why they make you pay for insurance ?)

If collections and deliveries are not guaranteed why are they even operating:-)

I have sent them the letter before legal action stating 14 days as you advised.

My father is outraged and is prepared to do anything even go to the local press to uncover these people.

Thank you once again for your advice

Please will you open up a free account on the MoneyClaim website and draft your claim there so that it is ready to send off the moment that your letter of claim has expired.

We will help you all the way of course but it will be easier for you if you understand some of the steps yourself so read up on the various places on this forum about bringing a County Court claim. If you understand the steps before you get to them then you will have confidence in what you do.

Despite the fact that they have returned the delivery fee and the insurance to you, still claim for the insurance payment – as I suggested above – because otherwise they will try to deduct it from any eventual payment.

You can sort out all the maths later on when they start trying to make there offers. The important thing is to claim for the maximum and then you can either insist on that or settle on something less. In this case, I would claim for the maximum and settle only for that. If they try to make you some kind of reduced offer then you simply say no and you go to court. I can't imagine that they will be prepared to go for a hearing on this one. But they may well try to bluff you out on the hearing fee.

It's really extraordinary for them to take your money, lose your property and then simply try to get out of the deal by paying your money back!

Please will you let us know what has happened with this so far.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes of course...

they sent another letter :

Please email the Pre-court action letter to

This will then be reviewed by the relevant department.

I hope this helps Ashley.

Many thanks for your time.

Kindest Regards

A Ali

Parcel2Go.com

Which I did immediately .

I have also started the procedure on the money claim site , but I cannot go ahead because of the dates.

The second letter before action citing 14 days was sent on the 12th of March I have to wait until the 27 March (Do I have to include Saturdays ?) to see if parcels2go are willing to refund the entire amount.

Thank you for your continued interest.

No, just a straight 14 days.

I don't understand what you mean by not being able to go ahead because the dates. You should be able to have the whole thing drafted and ready to go so that you can pay and click the moment the deadline expires.

Have you used the suggested wording that I posted above? Or have you altered it dramatically?

I cannot submit the claim form because the date of money owed must be in the past .

I gave them 14 days from the 12th so to go ahead on the site I have to wait until the 26th

Or am I mistaken??? have never done this before.

Thank you for your continued interest.

I'm sure there is nothing technical blocking you from issuing the claim now, but you have given them a particular period of time in your letter before claim and you have to honour that. I don't imagine it will make any difference. I'm sure they will still try to call your bluff. Just have everything ready and then on the 26, issue the claim.

For the date that the money was owed to you, you should put the date that the contractual breach occurred. This is a couple of days after 15 March, I suppose.

I was about to post the same...the LBA time frame has expired?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I've edited your attachment, your email address (ie: your real name) was showing on the tab behind the MCOL site :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thank you DragonFly1967 very kind of you!

Andyorch do you mean the time to claim has expired?

Bankfodder Should I write the 15 of March, but still give them the 14 days ? Start the claim on the 26th?

Sorry I am a bit confused

Yes, the date that they owed you the money is the date that they didn't fulfil the contract. Put down 15 March. If you sent your letter before claim saying that you would issue the claim on the 26th then issue it on the 26th.

Does that make sense?

It's not terribly complicated but I suggest that you start doing some reading around this forum about how to bring a small claim in the County Court. You will feel much better and much more confident if you have some idea of the steps so that your questions to us will be rather more informed.

So?

It would help a great deal if you would engage with this thread more closely then you have been doing.

It is very demotivating to offer good help to people and then have no feedback

Quick update:

My father is having problems with his telephone and internet connection .

He is waiting for it to be fixed and then he can continue with the claim .

Sorry Bankfodder

I live in Italy and we have just had a very long holiday because the 25th is Liberation day and the 1st of May Workers /labour Day so I haven't been near the computer... just enjoying the free time .

I certainly didn't mean to offend you and I am most grateful for your time and help.

That's okay, but if you don't have any more holidays planned then maybe you could start to engage with this thread and we can push ahead with it and get you the results you need.