David Lloyd, ARC and Major Law Solrs demands

Mermai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon

I've seen a lot of threads regarding unfair gym cancellations & would like to explain my problem with David Lloyd Gyms for some advice and reassurance.

I joined a Virgin Gym in November 2016

it was really on the basis that I'm swimming the English Channel in a team relay & the rest of my team were already members at this Virgin Gym & the swim facilities were excellent & it meant we could train together. I have two teenage sons & they joined with me paying at £86 per month for the 3 of us.

Although the facilities were great - I found it difficult to use the facilities as I would have liked as the gym is 30 mins drive from and back to my home however I knew I was contracted for 12 months & continued to use even if I felt I was getting my monies worth in view of the traveling time etc.

During the membership period the gym was sold to David Lloyd gyms - in mid December 2017 I cancelled my DD as I knew my 12 months contract had been completed & my commitment to them met. I had in the post received a letter from David Lloyd giving me the options of different memberships which I did not complete or sign. I then received a call from DL head office about my DD not being paid & explained I had completed my membership of 12 months & no longer wanted to be a member.

My contract had been with Virgin & not David Lloyd in my eyes but they did point out that in the T&C of the Virgin contract it states that if the club is sold then the T&C will pass to the new club. I have additionally explained about the difficulty in the time spent travelling which us already more than 10 miles from the club & also explained that I'm moving (house was on the market at this stage & since sold) and planning on moving even further away making this club not suitable for my training requirements.

They are insisting that my contract then went over to a rolling monthly contract and that as i did not give notice that I owe two months membership - as you have give a complete months notice at the end of the month & my DD cancelling before the 1st Jan payment date didn't count.

I have since had letters from Arc and telephone calls from Arc and today a letter from Major Law Solictors stating they will seek their clients instructions regarding County Court for recovery of £346.08 .

This is very worrying letter to receive and very unfair - what do you suggest I do?

They lost many moons ago in court in a particularly embarrassing fashion.

Major Law are based in Guildford and are a rent for hire solis firms that wont do court...

Slick will be along shortly but take a peek at some of the threads we have here.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Of course they'll insist your contract moved to a monthly rolling one, they only want your money!

Stay OFF the phone, they'll tell you anything to eek money out of you, best to let them committheir lies to paper so you have a paper trail of evidence.

The MOST you'll owe, is one months fee, and that's the MAXIMUM!

They can't mark your credit files, and they can't make you sell your new born, plus they'll be very very reticent to go anywhere near a judge, so don't fall for those lies either.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Mermai and welcome to CAG

Just ignore the demands from ARC Europe for now and don't talk to them on the phone at all !

Read this post and the whole thread it's in - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485862-ARC-amp-Major-Law-letters-on-behalf-of-Bannatynes&p=5107268&viewfull=1#post5107268

Use the letter to Major Law but adapt/change it a bit so it's not a direct copy. Major Law will scuttle off and leave you alone after that.

Put the draft here for approval before sending if you want. Get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when sending the letter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Also, don't bother arguing the issue about moving home at all as this will simply encourage ARC to argue the case with you.

They'll want 3 months notice but they'll have to Go Whistle !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)