Nat West PPI Data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been playing snail mail ping pong with Nat West for several months now.

I took out a gold card/ current account with them at the beginning of the nineties and closed the account in 2004. I was involved in bank charges litigation with them up to the end of 2006.

I'm unsure whether I had PPI on this account and so I sent a letter to their PPI complaints department. They said that they weren't able to locate any account details and that I should send a SARN to their data protection department. They were unable to locate any data either. I supplied them with address data and details of where I held my account.

Nat West have suggested that they would routinely destroy data six years after account closure which means that they would have done so in 2010. Given that PPI claims entered the mainstream in 2008, I am surprised that NAT West and presumably other banks have been able to destroy data that could well have been used as evidence.

I would be interested in knowing whether anyone has recently been able to obtain credit card/ current account data more than six years after account closure.

Have they put this in writing – and if so please could you post it up in PDF format

It's going to take a long time but we do have details of the NatWest archive on this forum

You can wade through this lot: – https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=natwest+archive&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=natwest%20archive&gsc.page=1

Search especially for posts by "nattie" and by "yourbank".