Managing Agent (the Estate Agent). dissolved leaving me with no Rent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If there's an inventory already, i would go through it with the tenants, just to make sure it's accurate.

You register to the dps, but i don't know if money can be transferred or it needs to come out and then protected again.

The dps helpline will be able to help you with that.

When the tenancy agreement is up and reverts to a rolling agreement, sweeten up the tenants (if they're good tenants) and let them sign up for another period (6months, a year or even longer).

That will be the opportunity to start a new, detailed and tailored agreement in which you can highlight rules specific to your property, for example non smoking indoors.

The estate agents agreements are all standards and most of the stuff in them are not relevant to the property.

Again, there are plenty of sample tenancy agreements online which you can adapt

Thanks again

Just 1 question from before: So I don't need a new tenancy agreement; just a letter stating the old terms and conditions of the tenancy stay the same its just me managing it now?

Ok so the Tenant got a letter that said they were dissolved mmmm

Well according to the below this Company is still Active

Rm4u London Ltd

281 A

High Road

Leytonstone

London

E11 4HH

Company Number: 06799232

Director: Mrs Neelam Mubashar

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06799232

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/06799232-rm4u-london-ltd

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/rm4u-london-ltd-06799232/

Also have a wee look at this CAG Link: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455224-Private-Renting-Home-Owner-Shared-Owner-Leasehold-etc-Information

There's so much info on that link; what am I looking for or what am I doing?

I got the tenant to take a picture of the letter that they were sent originally on Monday.

If you look at those links and ask yourself why has the Company you Employed written to your Tenant and not you stating they were Dissolved.

Did you give this Company you Employed permission to pass all the Documentation on your Property & Tenancy with that Tenant to this other Company.

I would be insisting with that other Company that you are given Copies of all the documentation they hold on your Property and Tenant i.e. Inventory, Tenancy Agreement, Safety checks, Tenancy Deposit Scheme Documents etc.

Also you need to check with the Local Authority as almost all now require Private Landlords to be Registered.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you look at those links and ask yourself why has the Company you Employed written to your Tenant and not you stating they were Dissolved.

Did you give this Company you Employed permission to pass all the Documentation on your Property & Tenancy with that Tenant to this other Company.

I would be insisting with that other Company that you are given Copies of all the documentation they hold on your Property and Tenant i.e. Inventory, Tenancy Agreement, Safety checks, Tenancy Deposit Scheme Documents etc.

Also you need to check with the Local Authority as almost all now require Private Landlords to be Registered.

That's fair enough, valid point.

I was given copies and originals and everything of mine to me on Monday when I went to see him along with my spare keys that they held. I basically hold everything with me.

I'm also just trying to figure out how I can get the rent I've not been paid as well. Got the tenant querying with his bank.

I have the lady's number but seems to be going straight to voicemail. Anything else I can do?

Yes, you just write a letter to the tenants and let them sign explaining that with immediate effect you manage the property yourself and the t&c of the tenancy remain unchanged.

I've written this and hopefully its ok?:

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

12/04/2018

xxxx,

xxxx,

xxxx,

xxxx

RE: Managing ‘Said property’ by myself

Dear xxxx,

As you know; I’ll be managing the property, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx by myself now. This letter is just highlighting that the terms and conditions of the tenancy remain unchanged and I will be managing it now.

The payment will remain the same of £xxxx and all payments will now go into the following account:

Name: xxxx

Name of Bank: xxxx

Sort Code: xxxx

Account Number: xxxx

If there are any problems or concerns; please contact me immediately.

Signed by xxxx: (Tenant)……………………………………………………… Date: ……………………………..

Signed by xxxx: Tenant)…………………………………………………….… Date: ……………………………..

Yours faithfully

xxxx