Letter/email to contact the DVLA to see who has been requesting and/or accessing your data Registered Owner

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The following is a template letter/email for contacting the DVLA to see who has been requesting and/or accessing your data as the Registered Keeper of a vehicle.

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

This should be emailed to the DVLA at: [email protected] or Posted to DVLA at the following address:

Release of Information

Paying Enquiries Section

DVLA

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

Despite the impression given by the above address, you do not need to enclose a fee.

EDIT: as of January 2023 the DVLA are stating that the above e-mail address is only for companies or bodies requesting large bulk data sets.  So as belt & braces if you're using e-mail send both to the above e-mail address and also to [email protected]

Dear DVLA.

Vehicle Index: XXXX XXX

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And for verification. V5C Document ref: XXXXXXXX

Keeper Details.

Your name and address exactly as shown on the V5C

Please supply me with details of which companies and/or individuals have accessed keeper information for my vehicle between XX/XX/XXXX and XX/XX/XXXX.

Please supply the following.

For EDI requests.

1. The company that requested the data. (For each access.)

2. The specific purpose for which that data was requested. (For each access.)

3. The date of the request to the DVLA. (For each access.)

4. The date that the data was released by the DVLA. (For each access.)

And if this was a manual request.

All of the above plus a copy of the V888, V888/2 or V888/3. (For each manual access.)

I believe that certain companies, ie Private Parking Companies and/or others claiming to act on their behalf may have accessed my data without reasonable cause, thereby breaching the KADOE contract, thus I have reasonable grounds to believe that my data has been used and/or released inappropriately.

Therefore, this is not a FOI request, it is not a breach of the Data Protection Act to release the data and is not a Subject Access Request.

I simply require you to address the specific points above so please do not reply with a standard response of any kind.

I await your reply.

Regards

Name as shown on V5C

Recorded Keeper.

Edited by FTMDave
Added extra e-mail addy

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks