vet refferal problem

jamesbond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the invoice states entropian h-c/wedge resection bilateral..

This sounds like the full corrective surgery which isn't normally done before six months of age because the skull is still developing. The more normal course is to pop a stitch in to relieve the symptoms - this may need removed/replaced periodically as the pup grows until it's old enough for the full corrective procedure. The vets involved are going to have to come up with a very convincing argument for carrying out a procedure which was, at the very least, premature.

Have you made contact with RCVS about this?

in all honesty no i have not..the reason being that they are unable to provide any compensation to me and to be quite frank i have looked at the cases they have found against vets over the past few years and it is miniscule, and mainly for sexualharrassment and such like to staff etc...i can find only one case of them striking off a vet

so have little faith in the the body as a whole whih i feel is very outdated and a bit of an old boys school. i may be wrong but that is out it comes across to me.

the vets themselves have insurance cover to fight cases against them as i have copies of therereferral to these insurers about this case, so i am up against it anyway.

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

This sounds like the full corrective surgery which isn't normally done before six months of age because the skull is still developing. The more normal course is to pop a stitch in to relieve the symptoms - this may need removed/replaced periodically as the pup grows until it's old enough for the full corrective procedure. The vets involved are going to have to come up with a very convincing argument for carrying out a procedure which was, at the very least, premature.

thanks hightail, i am in agreement with you on this but these guys are supposed to be the best veterinary eye guys in the est midlands..

i have recived my sars back from both parties but still seem to be missing some paperwork from my own vets of which i am conversing with at the minute to amend this.

regarding the referal, the vets whom we were reffered to have said it was a miscommunication error that we were guided to the wrong vet, and they have made amendments to ensure this doesnt happen in the future

Hi jamesbond

I think you also need to have a good read of the Consumer Rights Act as they provided you with a service as the more knowledge you have to enforce your rights.

This is CAGs link on Consumer Rights Act: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

(Have a wee look at this when you have the time)

Have a look at the Services link: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?442-Services-ss.48-57

Specifically: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448268-49-Service-to-be-performed-with-reasonable-care-and-skill

thankyou stu i will take a long look over this and see if i can use any parts in my case. i am still feeling that my best appproach to this is to go for professional misconduct but i am still having problems gleaning letters from my vets regarding the referral and how we discussed it in length as to whom should undertake the operation. it all seems rather cloak and dagger with them as one vet will not say anything against another in writing but will and have said things to me personally on the telephone.

regarding the referal, the vets whom we were reffered to have said it was a miscommunication error that we were guided to the wrong vet, and they have made amendments to ensure this doesnt happen in the future

I'd be spitting feathers if I got this answer. Is it in writing?