CG32 v RBOS

CG32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to this, I have been reading, lots of threads, trying to work out how to reclaim these charges. I have worked out I have been charged over the last few years, £2498.00!!! However I'm unsure about the interest, how it works, I think I will just claim the amount above. I'll start my letter today. There is one thing I was going to ask. I have several accounts with the Royal Bank of Scotland, including a Business Account, do you think it will affect my other accounts ??? I was going to work out the charges on my husbands account and my other current account with them should I do this all at the same time or do just the one at first ?????

Thanks Claire

Hi Claire, you sound a bit nervous, so maybe first of all calm down :D

Welcome to the CAG!

If you read the FAQ section and the step-by-step guide you'll find all the answers you need. There are downloadable letter templates and spreadsheets to help you calculate the interest, and if I managed to use them, so will you ;)

The best thing would be if you started your own thread in the relevant section, i.e. in your case RBOS, I believe. If you ask questions there you'll get more useful answers than here "in the doorway"/welcome section ;)

I'm sure you'll be ok, it's a friendly bunch here!

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have just received a letter from RBOS, with a partial offer of £284.00, although I am claiming £2437.00, this does not include interest. Obviously I am not happy with this and want to send a letter back. Although I have read so much now on this site I have got myself in a muddle and I am unsure what letter to send next. Please help.

Thanks Claire:|

Hello everyone,

I have just received a letter from RBOS, with a partial offer of £284.00, although I am claiming £2437.00, this does not include interest. Obviously I am not happy with this and want to send a letter back. Although I have read so much now on this site I have got myself in a muddle and I am unsure what letter to send next. Please help.

Thanks Claire:|

Assuming you've gone through the 'standard' preliminary letter stage there's a 'Rejection of Offer' letter in the Templates Library that could be used here, suitably amended if necessary to suit your original letter(s).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Hi Claire. First of all, please use your orignal thread to post questions. It makes it easier for us to follow your path and help when needed.

Every letter you will ever need can be found here and the particular letter you need to reject the offer is here.

I will arrange your threads are merged and moved to the RBOS forum.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Hi, Have sent my rejection letter and LBA off for RBOS yesterday, 23/11, they have 14 days!!

Today I have received a response to my prelim letters I sent for mine and my husbands Capital One Credit Cards (that have zero balances). They are only offering to reduce the charges down to the £12.00. So I shall reject these and give them 14 days. Fingers crossed!!