Denied chargeback?

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About eight weeks ago I paid for admission for my wife and young daughter to a Zoo which, as we found out, was shutting for the day about 30 minutes after we arrived, even though I had specifically asked this and was reassured at the gate.

I rang FD a few days later and asked to perform a chargeback but they refused because they said that I had no proof.

Is this correct?

Seems odd they would let you in when they were about to close.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Seems odd they would let you in when they were about to close.

You might want to change 'odd' to 'infuriating'. Back to my question.....can banks choose to do this for such reasons?

It's strange. Normally they don't let anyone into a zoo in the last hour of it being open.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The question was "Being as it is past 2pm and you close at 5pm, there's no chance that you are going to close early, is there, because the place looks dead. Also, is the cafe open?"

Reply: "No, we don't close until 5pm and yes, of course the cafe is open"

They closed 30 minutes, (45 minutes absolute max) later and the cafe was closed which annoyed us as we had our young daughter with us who needed feeding.

Have you made the Zoo aware that you're unhappy with them, and what are they going to do in the way of a damage limitation exercise?

Free tickets? Refund?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So if half an hour after you go in your told to leave you ask to see the manager and ask for a refund on the basis of performance of contract.

You nip it in the bud there and then.

You refuse to leave until you get your money back. Even if the zoo called the police they could notremove you as you have paid until closing time advertised.

The problem with charge back is mow you have to prove that all the events happened