Recording Telephone calls

gprit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but....

I have a dispute with Rooftop Mortgages over fees they have added to Morgage Redemption Statement. Anyway, late in a long converstaion yesterday with them I asked whether the converstaion was being recorded and was told yes.

Q: AM I right in stating that I should have been advised of this at the start of the conversation and given my consent?

Yes, that is correct.

However, does it matter? Did you say anything which you felt was incriminating to you?

They should inform you that the call is being recorded, you don't have to give specific consent that you are happy with the call being recorded. Regulators e.g. the FCA require that calls are recorded so it's not optional in most cases.

Nothing incriminating(!) but I do plan to take the matter to the Ombudsman (or should that be to FCA??) if their complaints department do not remove these fees which are unjustified, and I wanted to point out that I had not been informed of the recording - and of course request it in a future SAR.

thanks