Help! Just received a letter from Lowell's - Three mobile account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello.

i am in the same situation.

i have received more letters from lowell saying that i owe them money for a debt from Three mobile account.

i have sent them the prove it letter.

i received shortly an automated email from them:

Thank you for your email dated 4/6/2018

Many customers are now getting the information and support they need on our new customer website at ( their website)

Click this link ( their website to register) to register and you'll be able to review your account(s), check your budget, set up affordable repayment plans or make one-off payments.

We aim to respond to your email within 48 hours but, if we are very busy it may take a little longer.

What should i do if i do not receive an answear from them?

many thanks

Own thread created...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

well don't be scared of them

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO LEGAL POWERS..

so you had an old 3 account?

what happened?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they answered to my prove it letter email by this

Dear name

Thanks for your email.

Authorising this email adress

As we don’t have confirmation that this email address is for you, we’d be grateful if you could confirm the following for security purposes:

·Your date of birth.

·Your current address, including your postcode.

If you’d prefer, you can confirm this email address by registeringon our secure customer website at 9their web site)or by calling our team on their phone.

If the security checks are not completed, I’ll be unable to continue corresponding by e-mail.

Should i send them those details? i do not feel safe to do that because they might start harassing meby email, phone or come to my house. but if i do not send them the details how can they prove that debt( although they have the account number and reference number which should be more thn enough). i am trying to avoid reistering on their website site cause it might be a [problem] to get access to my details and use it to thier purposes.

I pers would never give them my email.

so you had an old 3 account?

what happened?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is my fiance's account. he had a phone from them but returned back because they did not have reception.

he doesn;t have the old contract.

he remembers paying for the time he used it...but i can;t say what kind of contract it was...for data...for phone or both.

if they would give me some proof that he has to pay those money according to that contract he signed it, i would pay it.

but i do not have any information detailed

who says you've got to pay anything..certainly not to a no powers DCA!!

Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

and they

I’d be tempted to reply “if you aren’t sure it is me, you can’t be sure it is my debt - and I deny any responsibility from the details you have given. When you are sure it is my debt please supply the details, and at that point I can re-assess the situation”.

Alternatively write to me with details.

I most certainly wouldn't be funding this circus outfit, you need to block their email, mark it as junk and keep bouncing it back.

Check your credit files, and see if there's anything on there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I’d be tempted to reply “if you aren’t sure it is me, you can’t be sure it is my debt - and I deny any responsibility from the details you have given. When you are sure it is my debt please supply the details, and at that point I can re-assess the situation”.

Alternatively write to me with details.

Hello again! I have sent them back exactly that. Their answer was

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand you’re concerned about providing personal information by email.

Protecting your personal account information

However, under the Data Protection Act we’re unable to disclose any information, or act upon any requests, until security checks have been completed. This is just to ensure we are not disclosing information to anyone other than our customer.

If you’d like to discuss this account by email, please provide the following:

Your date of birth.

Your current address, including your postcode.

It is like a game:You first! No, you first!

Thanks

I do not know how to check my credit files. I never had loans, mortgages or overdrafts.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

So, write to them.

Don’t provide any new information, but enclose a copy of their original letter, and copies of the e-mails.

Stress again you cannot be sure if the account is yours, so for now cannot accept responsibility for it. Require them to prove it is yours, rather than assuming it is. Point out that if they again say “data protection” and they aren’t sure you are the account holder they shouldn’t be asking you to pay, and if they are sure you are the account holder they should :

a) be able to prove it, and

b) be able to send you your own personal information without breaching data protection.

No DON'T write to them!

STOP playing letter tennis.

Ignore them, and if they think, in their tinyminds, that they have their intended target then they'll write to you.

STOP rattling their cage.

Checking your credit files is easy, use Noddle, or experian, which is free.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

At the moment they can ignore the OP's email, by claiming anyone could have sent it.

IF the OP has sent the 'prove it' letter by email they need to send it by post.

If, instead, the OP has sent it by post, then I agree : no more letters needed for now.

The point being, playing letter tennis is pointless.

Emailing them even more so.

So STOP corresponding with them, or you risk them creating a debt with your name on it.

Never EVER correspond with DCA's via email, only ever use 'snail mail' so you have a paper trail of evidence.

Check your credit files before inviting them to harass you.

has your fiancé moved since taking this contract out?

and they

• 2 months later...
they answered to my prove it letter email by this

Dear name

Thanks for your email.

Authorising this email adress

As we don’t have confirmation that this email address is for you, we’d be grateful if you could confirm the following for security purposes:

·Your date of birth.

·Your current address, including your postcode.

If you’d prefer, you can confirm this email address by registeringon our secure customer website at 9their web site)or by calling our team on their phone.

If the security checks are not completed, I’ll be unable to continue corresponding by e-mail.

Should i send them those details? i do not feel safe to do that because they might start harassing meby email, phone or come to my house. but if i do not send them the details how can they prove that debt( although they have the account number and reference number which should be more thn enough). i am trying to avoid reistering on their website site cause it might be a [problem] to get access to my details and use it to thier purposes.

I'd caution against giving information for reasons I can't go into.