Payza Small Claims Court

UKDomains
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Bit of back story to my questions:

I'm a director of a webhosting company, and one of our payment processors we use is called Payza, which is similar to Paypal and very useful for people who live in countries not serviced by Paypal.

Around about the 21st of March, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) has filed a lawsuit against digital payment processor Payza for allegedly operating an unlicensed money service business that processed more than $250 million in transactions.

Now looking at Payza's structure, they operate under several shady layers it seems. The company uses terms such as "servicing" companies, but all are ultimately falling under a UK Ltd company called MH Pillars Ltd.

MH Pillars Ltd has had a few address changes recently, but now the latest registered address for them is an accountant's office.

I tried to withdraw funds from our "ewallet" on the 21st of March, and a few small transactions went through, now I have nearly £5000 still stuck in my "ewallet" and the site is not allowing withdrawals. Each day the withdrawal requests remain "Pending" with a due date that just keeps on extending.

Their support team no longer respond to emails, and they are not active on their Social Media accounts on Twitter and Facebook anymore.

Anyone have suggestions please? What are the merits of sending a LBA to their accountants, and then a county court claim to their accountants as well? Would I just be wasting my money as accountants could just turn around and say nothing to do with us!

Looks like they're going under, so not much hope to get anything out of them.

However, move fast and you might get lucky if they have any asset.

Providing the MH Pillars are indeed responsible for your money (possibly not as they know how to use loopholes), you should use the address recorded on companies house to serve pre action letters and ultimately a court summon.

You need a lot of luck imo.

My thought is that they would deny having anything to do with your money.

If you are going to bring an action, I wouldn't send an LBA. I would simply issue the claim and then put in for the default judgement immediately it is allowed. Then begin enforcement proceedings. Of course you realise that you may not get any of your fees back I think it may be the best chance to move up the list of creditors.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this [problem] of a company.

I issued claim form against MH PILLARS LTD to their registered address.

Received claim form back from court with a letter from accountants at registered address saying MH PILLARS used their address for companies house without their permission.

The subsidiary company, DAMARAS LTD, also fraudulently registered at same address, has no directors, the last one Firoz Patel resigned just after the Americans put out an arrest warrant for him.

Suppose I have no options now but to swallow the fact I've probably lost £5000. I was thinking of emailing the email address given out by american DoJ inviting people who are victims of Payza to contact them. don't have any other address, as he is on the run in Canada anyway it looks like it.

• 1 year later...

test

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx.

a little update on this.

Court awarded me a CCJ against this company, and I've been chasing them for a year now. Registered address changed to a lawyers office in London.

I contacted this law office numerous times, and eventually one of the directors emailed me back and confirmed Payza was indeed their client and that they were not aware of any CCJ.

I sent him all the court papers as well as a copy from Trust Online about a month ago.

So far the lawyers have ignored me further.

Now I'm looking at a way to perhaps do a third party debt order against their bank account. I

I know they had money in the bank account.

The director had since been arrested in America after my CCJ against the company.

Am I correct in thinking I have to pay the fee and it gets added on to the CCJ amount?

I'm about 75% sure I know what banks they were using, but don't want to waste the money on fees to be told they don't use that bank.

Is there a way to get their lawyer to say which bank they use?

Hi

Just had a wee look at this and I think if you have not already done so you need to inform the following and keep a good paper trail as you are doing:

1. Police/Action Fraud (get a Crime Ref Number).

2. Trading Standards.

3. FCA (as Damaras Ltd, Trading as Payza.com had there EMD Revoked by FCA on 12/07/2018)

3. Companies House (as they are looking at a Proprosal to Strike off MH PILLARS LTD

Companies House link - MH PILLARS LTD: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06243643

Damaras Limited has simply changed its name to Peridea Limited but it is still the exact same company number 8029472 and Address

FCA - Damaras Limited: https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000m4IXPAA2

Companies House link - PERIDEA LIMITED: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08029472

(go to bottom of webpage and look at the previous company names)

PERIDEA LIMITED above I can find nothing in searching the FCA (so let the FCA know this is Damaras Limited as the FCA revoked there EMD) and if this new company is actually registered with them)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group