JC International/Moriarty claimform - Talk Talk Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a claim form about an alleged outstanding debt with TalkTalk from 23/03/2012.

I have not replied to the form as i only received it today. They claim on the form that i agreed to pay in monthly instalments on the 21/03/2014,

This is the first time i have ever heard of JC International and i have defiantly not agreed to any sort of payment plan with them.

Is this one last dig for them to try and recover the debt as it is now statute barred.

How do i go about fighting this as i really don't want a CCJ on my record.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its the only way you can be sure it is stat barred

if it stat barred then its easily defended but it is an absolute defence

if it isn't stat barred and you use that defence it will be thrown out and you WILL get a CCJ

just phone them

Give us the info first please

We've dealt with 100's of these JC TT claims

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant : JC International Acquisition.

Date of issue – 03/04/18

Date to acknowledge - 20/04/18

date to submit defence - 04/05/18

What is the claim for –

1.The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with Talk Talk Limited dated 23/03/2012 which was assigned to the claimant on 21/03/2014 and notice of which was given to the defendant on the 21/03/18 and which is now all due and payable.

2.The defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under the account number ????????? but has failed to do so.

3.And the claimant claims the sum of £223.67.

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to S.69 county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £17.89.

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) - No

What is the value of the claim - 316.56

Is the claim for - Talk Talk

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007 - After

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim - Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment - No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor - No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year - No

Why did you cease payments - I don't know in 2012 sometime

What was the date of your last payment - I don't know in 2012 sometime

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved - The service was terrible so switched to another provider after informing them and they did not fix the issue.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan - No

ok so not stat barred then as you only entered into the agreement on 23/03/12

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimformicon.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

NMH please note your corrected dates above

and they

and they

• 2 weeks later...

read post 12

and they

like what others have used in like threads

have a go and we'll check it and help.

you've 2 weeks yet

see post 16

and they

like what others have used in like threads

have a go and we'll check it and help.

you've 2 weeks yet

see post 16

Ah i thought i had till the 20th to submit. That gives me more time than i thought.

Particulars for reference

1.The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with Talk Talk Limited dated 23/03/2012 which was assigned to the claimant on 21/03/2014 and notice of which was given to the defendant on the 21/03/18 and which is now all due and payable.

2.The defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under the account number ????????? but has failed to do so.

3.And the claimant claims the sum of £223.67.

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to S.69 county courticon act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £17.89.

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature.The claimant's’ particulars of claims disclose no legal cause of action as the claimant's statement of case is insufficiently particularised and does not comply or even attempt to comply with CPR part 16.2 The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC

3.The claim is denied.I am unaware of what debt the claimant refers to.I have requested information pertaining to the claimants claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request sent on 09.04.2018 and which the claimant received it on the 10.04.2018

The claimant has failed to respond.

4.The claim is denied the Claimant has not served a Notice of Assignment pursuant to the law of property act 1925 and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5.Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

8. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Particulars added for cross checking

I have added the point at 2 in blue...the rest is fine.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

So a little update i submitted my defence

Have now received some paperwork for Moriarty Law with a printed out of an itemised bill from 23/07/2012 and bills from the following two months after that.

They have also sent a letter dated the 1st of May 2014 which was supposedly sent to me but i have never seen this letter before.

I also received a second letter telling me that they acknowledge the receipt of my defence and confirm that they are to proceed with their claim.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

too late the claim is stayed.

and they