Cabot/Hillesden now Mortimer Clarke

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2010 I received a ccj which I have been paying £10 a month to Hillesden Securities who were managing the account on behalf of Cabot.

I have recently received a letter from Cabot informing me that they have asked Mortimer Clarke to take over managing my account.

Apparently Mortimer Clarke are happy to keep to the repayment plan agreed with Hillesden, but they will need to speak to me to arrange for my payments to be sent to them directly.

I don't particularly want to speak to them as I'm worried they will start to harass me for higher payments.

I have found an email address for them so am going to use that.

My question is though, should I be worried that Cabot have moved the account to Mortimer Clarke after all this time?

Not particularly..it happens as Sols fade out and new names come to the fore ...but you really do need to speak to them to clarify payment arrangements....pref standing order only.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, you actually helped me out a lot all those years ago :-)

I have been paying Hillesden by standing order all this time,

I have just fired off an email requesting Mortimer Clarkes bank details so I can continue with a standing order payment.

I have given them plenty of time as next payment isn't due until end of month .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well check the ref numbers on your paperwork...

I would have thought if you'd had another ccj you'd have a thread for that too. it must be that one...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm a little bit confused now.

It was Hillesden (dlc) who got the ccj against me, and who I have been paying every month since.

I have received a letter this morning from Mortimer Clarke letting me know that they are now managing my account (which I already know) but they say its on behalf of their client ME iii Ltd who I have never heard of.

Can a debt with a ccj against it be sold on?

all the same lot shazza

all part of the cabot group

and they

would of thought after +10yrs of being here and all the threads and questions you always ask about debts you would have realised this already yourself

and they

true you've only made 10 posts since 2013

you are always welcome

and they

• 2 weeks later...

How did I know this wasn't going to be easy !!!!

The letter I received from Cabot informing me that Mortimer Clarke were taking over the account, stated that Mortimer Clarke were happy to keep to the repayment plan I agreed with Hillesden and that I need to speak to them to arrange my payments to be sent to them directly.

So, 2 weeks ago I sent them a message via their web page asking for bank details in order to set up a standing order, I haven't heard from them.

This morning I sent another message reminding them, and informing that I will continue with the original standing order until they send me their details. Postman has just been with another letter from them because I haven't been in touch !!!!! It says their client requires this debt to be addressed and enclose an I & E form which should be returned with an offer of payment within 14 days.

I refuse to phone them so I will now send a copy of the letter from Cabot and another request for bank details. I noticed on their web page there is a 'make a payment' button, the next payment is due next week, is it worth me cancelling my standing order and using that for now?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

You could...but better to get the SO set up when they decide to reply.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I'm not confident that they will reply to my message, and after receiving the letter this morning it seems they haven't looked at the message from 2 weeks ago, as they are saying I haven't contacted them . However, I will still put it in writing with a copy of Cabots letter .

Well what do you expect from a DCA only good at hounding and sending nonsensical missives out...when you actually want to give them some money their not actually equipped to deal with it...then they issue court claims like confetti with the term in the particulars " Despite request for payment the defendant has failed to respond "

:roll:

• 6 months later...

Despite setting up a standing order for the payment to change to Mortimer Clarke, they still keep phoning, not that I answer.

I was just wondering if there is anything else they can do after all this time.

It was 2011 when they got the FCO.

I'm hoping that they are just trying to catch me off guard to try and get an increase in payment, otherwise they would make it official and write to me , wouldn't they?

As long as they are taking payment ignore......If its important they will write.

Andy

if the judge set the FCO? [think you mean CO] payment ….

they cant!!

and they

ah first you've mention about a charging order?

do you mean they got an interim charging order? [iCO]

then took you back and got a full charging order? [CO]

and they