Successful Interview (Credit Check ?)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Went for my interview today for the installation engineer role passed everything did my medical and passed all that and been told their recruitment recruitment will be in touch soon to do CRB checks and a credit file check.

Only thing im worried about is the credit check few years ago after i lost my job i went through a stupid patch with silly loans and an over draft, i paid the loans off, still currently paying the overdraft which is not far off setteled since then things are getting better was recently accepted on a credit card to boost my credit history which ive been using and paying off on the payment due date.

I am still worried about this credit check though as my credit history still shows very low on noddle or clear score.

I have never had a CCJ or been bankrupt i have set payment plans with the lenders and are paying them all off in full.

Why do employers want to do a credit check this role isnt dealing with cash or anything so dont see why its needed.

Thanks

as for my CRB this will come back clear as ive never been in trouble

i was going to ask today but didnt feel it was the best idea

Edited by honeybee13

Hi,

I think it's quite common now for companies to do pre employment credit checks, they will be checking things like you are who you say you are, whether or not you have any CCJ's or have been declared Bankrupt or are under serious pressure regarding any large debts ect which may affect your performance at work.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

Have a wee look at this Government link: https://www.gov.uk/employers-checks-job-applicants

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

so does the role involve direct unsupervised contact with children or vulnerable epopel? If not no DBC check needed but lke with many of these things they do a belt and braces approach for all jobs. The credit check wont really apply if you arent handling money or in a job where it is covered by the FCA rules but as poinmte dout this is a simple way of finding out if you are who you say you are. The data given will be very basic, address, electoral roll DOB etc

Hi

Yes it's working in people's homes carrying out tv installations so crb will be required which will be clear and clean

So the credit check is some sort of identity check which gives very basic information right????

So the credit check is some sort of identity check which gives very basic information right????

This what Experian say.....

When you request a pre employment credit check, our system will quickly scour numerous public and private databases for any adverse financial warning signs. We check County Court Judgements (CCJs), bankruptcies, voluntary arrangements, decrees and administration orders. The Experian Adverse Financial Check also consults the candidate’s electoral roll registration to confirm their current address.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

https://www.reedglobal.com/blog/2018/01/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-pre-employment-credit-checks

Pre employment credit checks are common, almost universal in some industries (eg financial services) and with any job involving access to money or valuables. Your employer probably thinks that having unsupervised access to vulnerable adults needs risk assessment because installation engineers would have enhanced opportunities to defraud, or even steal, from vulnerable elderly people. Their thinking typically is on the lines that someone who is deeply in debt and isn't earning enough to pay their debts is a higher risk of defrauding/stealing from their customers. It's bankruptcy and deep debt that they are concerned about, they won't be interested in whether you've missed a payment here and there.

I always feel that's rather a dismal view of human nature, but that's how HR people (and regulators) look at it.

https://www.reedglobal.com/blog/2018/01/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-pre-employment-credit-checks

Pre employment credit checks are common, almost universal in some industries (eg financial services) and with any job involving access to money or valuables. Your employer probably thinks that having unsupervised access to vulnerable adults needs risk assessment because installation engineers would have enhanced opportunities to defraud, or even steal, from vulnerable elderly people. Their thinking typically is on the lines that someone who is deeply in debt and isn't earning enough to pay their debts is a higher risk of defrauding/stealing from their customers. It's bankruptcy and deep debt that they are concerned about, they won't be interested in whether you've missed a payment here and there.

I always feel that's rather a dismal view of human nature, but that's how HR people (and regulators) look at it.

Thanks for the info im not in any deep debt I had a look at my application today and it states do you have any ccjs over 750 pound where you cannot provide a payment plan for obviously I stated no