B&B issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me please. In brief I booked a b&b via booking.com and the b&b owner contacted me as we had been there before and said it was best to book direct and could I cancel with booking.com, so I did. I went back to check we could have two rooms and was told fine, so I checked flights and once I saw a suitable one went back again to check all ok before I confirmed.

All four of us booked flights and as the weekend is nearing I contacted the b&b to check all is fine as they are a bit disorganised. I didn't get a reply so chased again, nothing, so my partner called them. She said she didn't have any space that weekend but would see if any of her regulars were leaving on the Friday and come back to us. She didn't, so I chased again and she said there were no spaces and 'she didn't ask me to book the flights'

I was a bit shocked as we have stayed before and she also said that we didn't pay a deposit. I have never paid a deposit there and have messages confirming she didn't need a deposit. Is it worth me claiming as we cannot get accommodation on the weekend we need it as it is a busy one in Northern Ireland so we are losing our flight costs.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy. Which forum has it been moved to?

Where you are now ....Holiday & Airline companies Forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You might also consider contacting, or threatening to contact, Booking.Com as there's bound to be something in their terms and conditions which prevents property owners from doing exactly this, and depriving them of their commission.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.