Taking Scottish power to court over a default on my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would guess reading between the lines the tenant abandoned the property around or before nov 2011

That is a fair assumption but why then say I have an account starting in Aug 2010 and also ask me for payment going back to 2011. This has caused me huge problems over the last 6 months and is costing me daily higher rates of interest.

I think you need to find out ScottishPower's history of reading the meter?

A bill they have just sent me with my name on dated Nov 2011 has an estimated reading from Aug 2011 and estimated Nov 2011. I'm guessing it only has my name on as they have just printed it and it has pulled my name as the account holder but the date of account opened Aug 2010 which shows on my default has me puzzled. You can see how I'm going around in circles.

so looks like he abandoned it in aug 2010 then.

then the account got changed to your name

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's really just guesswork though.

I never took out an account with them verbally or written.

I never paid a bill.

Never spoke to them and then they keep the account open for 3 years without payment ??

Then wait another 4 years to issue a default.

This can't be right.

so prior to sept 17 when this default appeared

what letters/bills did they send to anyone or has the builder been binning everything?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What is the situation with the council tax? What does the council have on the records for this property? Have they been after you further council tax for this.?

When did you purchase property?

so prior to sept 17 when this default appeared

what letters/bills did they send to anyone or has the builder been binning everything?

I have had no bill from Scottish Power. I have nothing to do with property so have no idea if they've sent them there.

so what documentation from them have you since you started this complaint etc?

or have you stupidly done everything over the phone and not recorded all your calls?

there are 2 things that play a part here...

statute of limitations = 6yrs

back billing rules

but ofcourse we don't know when they even sent a bill....

pers.. i'd be discontinuing the claim and issuing them an sar.

and they

I think you've failed to follow a lot of this and I apologise for that. I know it is a bit messy.

Yes 90% of my correspondence is written and I have the replies.

This is an issue where a company has issued a default against a person who has never had a service with them. Never even paid them. Never had a contract with them. Had nothing at all to do with them.

This has cost me a lot of money, time and worry and YES i will continue. I will also do what you've advised and send off an SAR in the morning.

I'll keep you informed.

what money has it cost you?? ..no good just stating that without whole the story...

if you have written comms we need to SEE IT...

there is little point in you coming to an anon forum and stating things without us being a party to the letter tennis to date and expecting us to agree with your actions...

read upload scan things up to ONE multipage pdf.

and they

Hi

I appreciate that you say they are chasing you for energy accounts linked to a tenant of your property that abandoned it.

You then got possession of the property. (can you confirm that the possession want through the courts?)

You then ask the Energy Provider to Remove & Cap Meters? (could you please clarify that you asked this and were provided a letter agreeing to these works and where it was 'Free of Charge' or that it would 'Cost £££ to carry out the work, bear in mind to do this work they would have to break the SEAL)

Did you sign/agree to anything for the works to remove & cap meters with the Energy Provider?

Who's Actual Name is on these Energy Provider Accounts for the period mentioned? (is the OP the actual account holder?)

What did your Tenancy/Lease Agreement during this period say about Utilities i.e. Gas, Electricity, Water, Oil, Council Tax etc? (Do you have a copy of this)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group