SMI going now being transfered to a Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in a few days time we will no longer be entitled to mortgage interest payments, instead what the DWP was paying in mortgage interest payments will continue to be paid however like a load of other people we will have to pay this back with interest, and on top of that our property will be subjected to a charging order.

our mortgage interest payment does not even reach £150 every 4 weeks.

yet we get stuffed for having our own house, by the way i was in full time employment until health deteriorated and could no longer work.

my question is ...how come we have to pay the interest payment back with interest when there are lots more people on benifits who have larger rents that get paid and they dont have to pay that back.

seems like those who where working and doing their best and have their own homes gets penilised for having it.

They way they see it is that they are paying the interest on your mortgage, Even though they are not paying anything off the capital, the value of your home is continuing to rise

So if they pay the interest for you for the next 10 year and you then sell, You will profit from them keeping you in your home

They are claiming back some of that profit in the future

Agree.

Whilst DWP do pay towards rents, for many people the amount paid towards rent does not cover the amount landlords charge. Therefore the benefit claimant is having to find money out of their benefits to ensure the rent is paid in full, to avoid eviction.

Of course the interest DWP pay might also not be enough to cover the interest required by mortgage companies, but I suspect people living in mortgaged properties are much more secure than those who have to rent.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thank you both for your comments. at the moment we are already paying 260 every 4 weeks out of our benefits with another 60 every 4 weeks for council tax..so 320 of benefits go on housing costs ....best bit is ...when you get a letter from DWP saying what your entitlement is the letter states...this is what the government say you need to live on every week ...yet take it away in the next.