DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband received a parking notice in February 2017, after parking on a private road outside the house where he was living.

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS were involved.

He received 2 notices and as it was a private parking company he ignored them.

A few months letter a 3rd latter came suggesting a court case and demanding £400.

He filled in the form and returned it saying that whilst he disagreed with it he would pay but could not pay all at once and requested a payment plan.

He suggested £100 per month. That was in November, 2017.

He heard NOTHING back from them and received no further notices or correspondence.

On the 22nd March 2018, at 17.45pm there was a hammering on the front door, my husband answered and noticed a clamp on his car.

A guy came into the apartment and told us he was from DCBLtd and was a High Court Enforcer and he was not leaving until we had given him £2318.00 cash/ debit or credit card or goods to that amount. We were shocked as we had no idea what he was talking about.

He was very intimidating. I asked for his ID and he showed me a badge and ID I photographed him and the ID.

I asked for paperwork.

He showed me but then got very aggressive when I tried to take it from him to read it.

During this time he let it slip that he was filming us and derided us for not knowing or noticing that he was wearing CCTV.

He walked around the apartment writing down our goods onto the back of the paperwork i.e. 2seater white sofa, 3seater white sofa, wood frame mirror etc. All of which would raise pennies at public auction.

He snarled at us that he could go into any room, any cupboard, any drawer that he wanted to. He also tried to take the IPAD that belongs to my husbands company.

He then informed us that he would call the van, which if it arrived to take away the goods would cost us £1500 extra.

We tried to reason with him but he called the van anyway. We panicked and managed to borrow £2300 from my son.

We could not afford the van to turn up and take away our belongings and be left with an empty apartment and £4000 debt.

We paid him and he left.

We looked at the paperwork at last, it was headed "Notice that goods have been removed for storage or sale"

There was NO name and NO address on it.

There was a CCJ which we checked and is now on my husband’s credit rating.

The original debt was now £773.93,

There was a compliance stage fee of £90,

An enforcement stage fee of £822.00 and

A stage sale payment of £630

Plus interest of £2.24

A total of £2318.17

We tried to dispute the payment with my bank, they did not want to know, I have been to CAB who say that as it is no longer a debt and they are unable to help.

We have called GLADSTONES SOLICITORS and Northampton Court to get copies of any paperwork.

We cannot contact GLADSTONES or the court.

We have emailed the court requesting that they remove or put a paid notification on the CCJ.

About 30 minutes after the bailiff had left the house, my husband received an email reply, from JULIE who said she was from GLADSTONES Solicitors, acknowledging his request for a payment plan.

She wrote saying thanks for the letter dated 18th February 2018 -the date the CCJ went through and that it was no longer their concern.

When we requested they send copies of all correspondence they said they were not obliged to send any copies of paperwork or correspondence.

Where do we go from here?

What can we do to get our sons money back?

Please help!

Many thanks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, your question is a common one but that in no way takes away the seriousness of your question.

Unfortunately, I am travelling at the moment but will be back early evening and will respond in more details then.

In the meantime, in relation to the judgment registered against you, please read the comments that I have made this morning on the following thread:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486142-Urgent-advice-required-DCBL-Debt-recovery-notice-with-CCJ-on-behalf-of-Excel-parking&p=5109680#post5109680

You may find the following threads of interest as well:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485222-DCBL...Can-t-Pay-We-ll-Take-it-Away....High-Court-orders-Channel-5-to-pay-costs-of-%A320-000.

PS: On re-reading your question, it would seem that there has not been a change of address so my first link will not be applicable to you but may be of interest to other viewers of this thread in future.

Can I just make an important point. With companies such as DCBL, enforcing these private parking debts, there is no legal obligation on the homeowner to allow the enforcement agent into the home and in most case, it is not to be advised. Great care though needs to be given if there is a motor vehicle parked outside.

Thank you for your reply.

I read with horrified interest the info on a website.

My husband did have a change of address but as he was staying with a friend of his from work until we found our own apartment, all mail has been delivered to him.

His colleague says there have definitely been NO notification letters received.

All mail has been delivered to my husband at work.

He changed the address with the car lease company and at DVLA which is how the bailiffs found us. Not that we were hiding!

We are completely shocked that with no notice we could have had this happen in our own home. I look forward to hearing from you later.

Many thanks

How can a private parking charge get to £800!!

This is daylight robbery

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Retitled and moved to private parking forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that this would have been an ideal candidate for a set aside hearing as your husband received nothing from the courts.

But, unfortunately, as this happened on the 22nd March and now Easter is happening, you're going to need a miracle to get a hearing on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week! You only get 14 days before the money is passed to the creditor (and in to DCBL's pockets) and I don't think that public & bank holidays are taken into account.

There may be a way that you can get an emergency stay (maybe even an emergency set aside (not sure)) but it will mean paying a fee (£255 for either I think but don't quote me on it) and your husband getting to the nearest County court first thing on Tuesday (usually 10am) and then preying that there's a Judge that's both available and willing to hear the application and/or sitting there until there is.

Bailiff advice will know more about the above, and I think (although I'm happy to be wrong on this) that that's the only way that you're going to be able to get your money back and take this back to the initial stage to see if Gladrags fancy a second crack at it.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Just one thing to clear up.

Your thread title says "Son", but your post refers to your Husband.

I'm not one to judge, but assuming that they aren't one and the same, who is it that we're actually talking about here? :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Sorry title amended!

and they

You won't need a sols no.

and they

Pretty much Already been described in the numerous posts here already

You need that copy of the claim form and the ccj from northants bulk first so we can see the particulars of their claim so we know what we are fighting again first

Ericsbrother will be around later and is one of our other masters at parking fleecers..I'm pretty sure there is another case of this happening sometime back poss on the parking prankster site...its totally illegal for them to inflate a £160 claim to above £600 to allow their mates DCBL to act as high court enforcement officer and inflate it to £2300!!

Dx

and they

Wait for Bailiff Advice to give their opinion first, but you could get started by downloading an N244 (link) so that you can have a good read through both it and the guidance notes.

Might as well get a head start. :thumb:

As dx100uk says though, you'll need at least the claim details (claim No etc) from Northants Bulk before you can complete the form fully. I'd be on to them at the start of business on Tuesday and then off to the local CC to beg for a Judge to see me.

If BA agrees with me and this does get you to court on Tuesday, try to speak to one of the court ushers and not just someone on a reception desk. With no offence to them, it's unlikely that they'd be able to get you in to see a Judge.

User Bailiff Advice is one of the most knowledgeable people in the country about this kind of thing. Wait until they get back and read their advice carefully

I'm not quite sure what is being advocated here. A Stay of Execution cannot be applied for as the Writ has now been executed in its entireity. Maybe Set Aside is a possibility but this will not be trated as Urgent and would have to take its own turn in the queue to be heard and even then the OP has admitted letters were ignored then it is not going to go well.

What we do need to know is how the original charge & CCJ got to £600 - suspect it will be solicitor costs - to be able to involve DCBL. AS the fees seem to at the root of all this then the correct procedure should be for a Detailed Assessment of their fees. This in itself can cause problems as there is always a chance the Fees can be held to be reasonable and costs could be awarded against. A first port of call should be an ask to DCBL for a complete breakdown of the fees charged and/or an SAR to them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This looks a particularly nasty move by a PPC mespecially iif the claim was a dodgy Roboclaim that could have beeen defended., wonder if they are hoping DCBL will send Bohill and the Channel 5 Can't Pay mafia to scare people into paying as well it could happen to them if they don't pay that dodgy speculative invoice . Shame OP let these thugs in, they had no right of forced entry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

My husband received a parking notice in February 2017, after parking on a private road outside the house where he was living.

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS were involved.

He received 2 notices and as it was a private parking company he ignored them.

A few months letter a 3rd latter came suggesting a court case and demanding £400.

He filled in the form and returned it saying that whilst he disagreed with it he would pay but could not pay all at once and requested a payment plan. He suggested £100 per month. That was in November, 2017.

He heard NOTHING back from them and received no further notices or correspondence.

On the 22nd March 2018, at 17.45pm there was a hammering on the front door, my husband answered and noticed a clamp on his car.

About 30 minutes after the bailiff had left the house, my husband received an email reply, from JULIE who said she was from GLADSTONES Solicitors, acknowledging his request for a payment plan.

She wrote saying thanks for the letter dated 18th February 2018 -the date the CCJ went through and that it was no longer their concern.

From reading your question back a few times I am slightly confused.

It would seem that just over a year ago, your husband received notification about a private parking debt. A few months later (I assume around May 2017) he received a third letter suggesting a court case and requesting £400.

You then mention that approx 6 months later in November 2017, your husband 'filled in the form' and requested a payment plan of £100 per month. Your state that after your husband sent this form that he heard NOTHING further until DCBL visited on 22nd March.

What was the 'form' that your husband completed in November?

Was it the Admission Form on the court summons?

You mention that between November 2017 and 22nd March 2018 when DCBL visited that your husband had not received any correspondence. If so, what prompted him to email Gladstone's Solicitors on 18th February?

We need to start at the beginning, Where was the parking event and WHEN exactly.

I am assuming that multiple tickets are involved to jack the money up to an amount where bailiffs become invoved so knowing what the original amount(s) were will be very helpful.

It does appear as though hubby admitted that some money was owed but that doesnt explain the full amount from what you say so we need to know how they got it past the magic £700 hurdle to get bailiffs involved.

This means that he needs to get a copy of the claim and judgement from the Northampton county court (where online and bulk claims are handled).

This will take a few days but may well give you another reason for a set aside, the admission rather dents anythying regarding the legitimacy of the original claim.

Edited by DragonFly1967
Paragraphs

Problem is EB as PT says, DCBL have been paid, so options are limited unless it could be proved the claim was faulty, say in victim had supremacy of contract over the PPC by virtue of Lease and Residency, DCBL have only done what the PPC hired them to do, enforce for the money they claimed was owed on the backdoor CCJ

It would be interesting to find out how a PPC Invoice was bumped up enough to allow HCEO Enforcement via the High Court. Reason for a lower limit of say £3K before HCEO can be involved.

The fact DCBL might have been naughty like Bohill often is on can't Pay is another issue one for the DOJ perhaps.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

We need to start at the beginning, Where was the parking event and WHEN exactly. Iam assuming that multiple tickets are involved to jack the money up to an amount where bailiffs become involved so knowing what the original amount(s) were will be very helpful.

It does appear as though hubby admitted that some money was owed but that doesnt explain the full amount from what you say so we need to know how they got it past the magic £700 hurdle to get bailiffs involved.

For a judgment to be passed up to the High Court for enforcement, it needs to be £600 (as opposed to £700).

I was also curious as to what prompted the husband to email Gladstone's on the day that Judgment was entered (18th February). Did he perhaps receive a Notice of Enforcement from DCBL?

It is all very confusing and the timelines are confused too. I'm sorry. I have now sat my husband down and gone over the timelines

I have made a mistake about the date of the original tickets.

My husband stayed at the address on a private road from February 2017 until August 2017.

There were 2 tickets.

He thinks it was in June/July 2017.

It is managed and operated by PCM(UK) Ltd. The charge was £100 each.

He received 2 notifications which, thanks to other websites advice, he ignored.

Eventually a form was sent to him and the charge had gone to £600.

He doesn't know what the form was but he filled it in and returned it offering to pay £400 over 4 months.

This form was brought to him by his work colleague who still lives at the address.

The next we heard was when DCBL was knocking at the door.

I have rechecked and we do not have any records of the dates or reference numbers of the tickets.

The only information I have is:

County Court Name: Northampton

CCJ Claim No: Date of CCJ: 10.01.2018

High Court Name: Queens Bench

High Court Ref: __________

Judgement date: 06 March 2018

This information was on the paperwork that the bailiff left with us.

I am in the process of writing a SAR and wonder if it should go to DCBL or Gladstones.

I will contact Northampton County Court tomorrow to get a copy of the claim and judgement.

For a judgment to be passed up to the High Court for enforcement, it needs to be £600 (as opposed to £700).

I was also curious as to what prompted the husband to email Gladstone's on the day that Judgment was entered (18th February). Did he perhaps receive a Notice of Enforcement from DCBL?

He did not email Gladstones on the day the judgement was entered.

They emailed him referring to the form he filled in and sent back before Christmas. (offering the payment plan)

In their email they quoted the date of his response as the 18th February- the same date as the judgement.

They emailed him within minutes of the payment being paid.

He replied to this email asking for copies of all correspondence between them hoping to check dates etc. to which they replied they had no obligation to do that.

All your information is very helpful and I am extremely grateful.

I do wish I had found this website earlier.

You have made me feel I do have somewhere to go and some hope of rectifying this.

Thank you so much.

Caggers will help you find a resolution, but it isn't always easy. Bailiff Advice and ploddertom will probably have good information.

If he had 2 tickets does he have 2 CCJ's? If so have they added them together to get to the magical £600 threshhold I wonder. I would suggest a first SAR to DCBL and the other goes to the Parking Co.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]