Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2018

Default Re: DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    Here you go. Redacted, combined & reduced file size.
    Thank you!

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Default Re: DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

Quote Originally Posted by ploddertom View Post
    Having had a look at the NoE I would say on the face of things it does appear to be Compliant although I would like answers to the following which may fill in some of the blanks.

1 - what address was this Notice sent to - your current address or the address your OH was living at at the time?
    2 - what is the "Date of Notice issued"?
    3 - going down to the Enforcement Details - what was the "Date of CCJ"?
    4 - you initially said the Enforcement Agent turned up at 17:45hrs, can you remember what time you paid him & what time he left?
    5 - have you asked DCBL for a breakdown of the fees charged and the reasons why they were charged? I don't have a problem over the Compliance or 1st Enforcement Stage Fees but they do need to justify anything on top of that which is approximately half of what you ended up paying.
    1. Our current address but we did not receive it, when we mentioned this on the phone the DCBL employee quipped 'blame the post then'

2. 08.03.2018

3. 10.01.2018 but Judgement date was 06.03.2018

4. He has written on the 'Notice that goods have been removed....' 17.40 but I think it was around 18.30

5.I have not yet, I wanted to see if you advised me to, I will send a letter asking them that today.

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Thank you, I'll come back later today with my thoughts.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyandRuby1 View Post

3. 10.01.2018 but Judgement date was 06.03.2018
    And this is what you need to get clarification of on Monday. There can only be one date of Judgement so I am curious at the 2nd date (of 6th March 2018).

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

ok thank you both

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

1. Our current address but we did not receive it, when we mentioned this on the phone the DCBL employee quipped 'blame the post then' - please note this appears to be a more than ongoing problem with a lot of Wits from DCBL Have a look round this website and others and you will soon spot the common denominator. In my view the problem stems from their end as there are far too many failing to be received. The chances are DCBL use a mailing house who print & supposedly send everything out on their behalf. Just because this one has a few relevant dates on it does not mean it was ever sent.

2. 08.03.2018 - we will have to assume this is the date that the Notice of Enforcement was issued. Working on the principle it was send by 2nd Class or cheaper post gives us an assumed date of delivery of probably 3 business days later which seems to take us to 1st day of Compliance being 13 March and just gives time for the 7 Clear Days being as they state on 21/3/18. They are well known for not being economical with any date allowances.

3. 10.01.2018 but Judgement date was 06.03.2018 - until we see otherwise I would hazard a gues that 6/3/18 was the date on which the Writ of Control was granted. The original CCJ dating back to January - again something you never received.

4. He has written on the 'Notice that goods have been removed....' 17.40 but I think it was around 18.30 - that is something you are going to have to find out.

5.I have not yet, I wanted to see if you advised me to, I will send a letter asking them that today. - see below

My thoughts to this at present have not changed since I made a post at the beginning - Post 17. In particular you need to know exactly what goods they were alleging they had Taken Control of - were they of sufficient value to not only cover the cost of the debt but also those of the cost of enforcement & sale. Were the items described accurately - they cannot just write 3 piece suite or 42" TV without further description. Then of course there are that many exempt goods that most households would struggle to have expensive surpluses that could be seized. It very much sounds to me as if he charged the 2nd Enforcement Fee the minute you opened the door.

In my view I would be submitting a SARicon to DCBL at the earliest opportunity. Pay the 10 fee by Postal Order.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Thank you for the advice. I have written a SARicon and will send it to DCBL tomorrow, I have also written one for Gladstones requesting all information/correspondence for BOTH addresses. I will include the fee to both.

I have also written a letter to DCBL requesting a breakdown of their fees specifically relevant to our account

I have also written a letter to DCBL requesting a breakdown of their fees specifically relevant to our account
    I would hold fire on that until you "receive" your SARicon, then we can pick the bones out of it and hopefully turn the screw.

Follows
    Following

I have also written one for Gladstones requesting all information/correspondence for BOTH addresses. I will include the fee to both.

Should this not go to the Parking Co?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Should this not go to the Parking Co?
    I just thought that as we had received nothing from Gladstones and they were the solicitors we should get as much info from them and try and piece it all together. Should I also issue them with a SARicon then?

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

I would hold fire on that until you "receive" your SARicon, then we can pick the bones out of it and hopefully turn the screw.
    Ok I will hold fire on this until I receive information re the SAR.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

you shouldnt be wanting to contact Gladstones at all, you want to get a set aside and then get their clients back in court so you can recovver your costs to boot. Gladstones are just the client mouthpiece and will do nothing to help you and that includes providing information that a court doesnt order them to. Forget them, you go after the parking co and if they want to hire Gladdys again to cost them some more loot that is up to them.

Now you do nothing until you get the info you need via the SARicon and then you g for the set aside and than after the aprking co. You do this directly and dont talk to gladstones.. this was said about 5 pages ago but you still arent taking it in. Please read everything carefully and the you will save time and effort.

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Follow EB's advice, Gladstones are NOT in the loop end of.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details