Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2018

Default DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

My husband received a parking notice in February 2017, after parking on a private road outside the house where he was living.

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS were involved.
    He received 2 notices and as it was a private parking company he ignoredicon them.

A few months letter a 3rd latter came suggesting a court case and demanding £400.

He filled in the form and returned it saying that whilst he disagreed with it he would pay but could not pay all at once and requested a payment plan.
    He suggested £100 per month. That was in November, 2017.

He heard NOTHING back from them and received no further notices or correspondence.

On the 22nd March 2018, at 17.45pm there was a hammering on the front door, my husband answered and noticed a clamp on his car.

A guy came into the apartment and told us he was from DCBLtd and was a High Court Enforcer and he was not leaving until we had given him £2318.00 cash/ debit or credit card or goods to that amount. We were shocked as we had no idea what he was talking about.

He was very intimidating. I asked for his ID and he showed me a badge and ID I photographed him and the ID.

I asked for paperwork.
    He showed me but then got very aggressive when I tried to take it from him to read it.

During this time he let it slip that he was filming us and derided us for not knowing or noticing that he was wearing CCTV.

He walked around the apartment writing down our goods onto the back of the paperwork i.e. 2seater white sofa, 3seater white sofa, wood frame mirror etc. All of which would raise pennies at public auction.

He snarled at us that he could go into any room, any cupboard, any drawer that he wanted to. He also tried to take the IPAD that belongs to my husbands company.

He then informed us that he would call the van, which if it arrived to take away the goods would cost us £1500 extra.

We tried to reason with him but he called the van anyway. We panicked and managed to borrow £2300 from my son.

We could not afford the van to turn up and take away our belongings and be left with an empty apartment and £4000 debt.

We paid him and he left.

We looked at the paperwork at last, it was headed "Notice that goods have been removed for storage or sale"
    There was NO name and NO address on it.

There was a CCJ which we checked and is now on my husband’s credit rating.
    The original debt was now £773.93,
    There was a compliance stage fee of £90,
    An enforcement stage fee of £822.00 and
    A stage sale payment of £630
    Plus interest of £2.24
    A total of £2318.17

We tried to dispute the payment with my bank, they did not want to know, I have been to CAB who say that as it is no longer a debt and they are unable to help.

We have called GLADSTONES SOLICITORS and Northampton Court to get copies of any paperwork.

We cannot contact GLADSTONES or the court.
    We have emailed the court requesting that they remove or put a paid notification on the CCJ.

About 30 minutes after the bailiff had left the house, my husband received an email reply, from JULIE who said she was from GLADSTONES Solicitors, acknowledging his request for a payment plan.

She wrote saying thanks for the letter dated 18th February 2018 -the date the CCJ went through and that it was no longer their concern.

When we requested they send copies of all correspondence they said they were not obliged to send any copies of paperwork or correspondence.

Where do we go from here?
    What can we do to get our sons money back?
    Please help!
    Many thanks

Gold Account Holder Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2012

Default Re: DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

Sadly, your question is a common one but that in no way takes away the seriousness of your question.

Unfortunately, I am travelling at the moment but will be back early evening and will respond in more details then.

In the meantime, in relation to the judgment registered against you, please read the comments that I have made this morning on the following thread:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...80#post5109680

You may find the following threads of interest as well:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...s-of-%A320-000.

PS: On re-reading your question, it would seem that there has not been a change of address so my first link will not be applicable to you but may be of interest to other viewers of this thread in future.

Can I just make an important point. With companies such as DCBL, enforcing these private parking debts, there is no legal obligation on the homeowner to allow the enforcement agent into the home and in most case, it is not to be advised. Great care though needs to be given if there is a motor vehicle parked outside.

Gold Account Holder Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice's Avatar

Default Re: DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

There is more behind the relationship with Gladstone solicitors and these private parking debts. I will leave the explanation to the great person behind the Parking Cowboys website:

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/gladstones-solicitors/

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Thank you for your reply.

I read with horrified interest the info on a website.

My husband did have a change of address but as he was staying with a friend of his from work until we found our own apartment, all mail has been delivered to him.

His colleague says there have definitely been NO notification letters received.

All mail has been delivered to my husband at work.

He changed the address with the car lease company and at DVLA which is how the bailiffs found us. Not that we were hiding!

We are completely shocked that with no notice we could have had this happen in our own home. I look forward to hearing from you later.

Many thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

How can a private parking chargeicon get to £800!!

This is daylight robbery

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Retitled and moved to private parking forum

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

I think that this would have been an ideal candidate for a set aside hearing as your husband received nothing from the courts.

But, unfortunately, as this happened on the 22nd March and now Easter is happening, you're going to need a miracle to get a hearing on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week! You only get 14 days before the money is passed to the creditor (and in to DCBL's pockets) and I don't think that public & bank holidays are taken into account.

There may be a way that you can get an emergency stay (maybe even an emergency set aside (not sure)) but it will mean paying a fee (£255 for either I think but don't quote me on it) and your husband getting to the nearest county courticon first thing on Tuesday (usually 10am) and then preying that there's a Judge that's both available and willing to hear the application and/or sitting there until there is.

Bailiff advice will know more about the above, and I think (although I'm happy to be wrong on this) that that's the only way that you're going to be able to get your money back and take this back to the initial stage to see if Gladrags fancy a second crack at it.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Just one thing to clear up.

Your thread title says "Son", but your post refers to your Husband.

I'm not one to judge, but assuming that they aren't one and the same, who is it that we're actually talking about here?

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

We are talking about my husband the parking notices were to him. To get rid of the bailiff we had to borrow the money from our son.

Sorry title amended!

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

Thank you for this information.
    Would we be able to do this just by turning up?
    or would we need a solicitor?

It would be worth paying the £255 if we could get our money back and the CCJ removed.

You won't need a sols no.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    RoxyandRuby1 Novitiate

We would be really interested in knowing exactly what we would have to do. So please would you be able to talk us thru this. Bailiff Advice do you agree?

Pretty much Already been described in the numerous posts here already

You need that copy of the claim formicon and the ccj from northants bulkicon first so we can see the particulars of their claim so we know what we are fighting again first

Ericsbrother will be around later and is one of our other masters at parking fleecers..I'm pretty sure there is another case of this happening sometime back poss on the parking prankster site...its totally illegal for them to inflate a £160 claim to above £600 to allow their mates DCBL to act as high court enforcement officer and inflate it to £2300!!

Dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Wait for Bailiff Advice to give their opinion first, but you could get started by downloading an N244icon (link) so that you can have a good read through both it and the guidance notes.

Might as well get a head start.

As dx100uk says though, you'll need at least the claim details (claim No etc) from northants bulkicon before you can complete the form fully. I'd be on to them at the start of business on Tuesday and then off to the local CC to beg for a Judge to see me.

If BA agrees with me and this does get you to court on Tuesday, try to speak to one of the court ushers and not just someone on a reception desk. With no offence to them, it's unlikely that they'd be able to get you in to see a Judge.

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

User Bailiff Advice is one of the most knowledgeable people in the country about this kind of thing. Wait until they get back and read their advice carefully

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

I'm not quite sure what is being advocated here. A Stay of Execution cannot be applied for as the Writ has now been executed in its entireity. Maybe Set Aside is a possibility but this will not be trated as Urgent and would have to take its own turn in the queue to be heard and even then the OP has admitted letters were ignoredicon then it is not going to go well.

What we do need to know is how the original charge & CCJ got to £600 - suspect it will be solicitor costs - to be able to involve DCBL. AS the fees seem to at the root of all this then the correct procedure should be for a Detailed Assessment of their fees. This in itself can cause problems as there is always a chance the Fees can be held to be reasonable and costs could be awarded against. A first port of call should be an ask to DCBL for a complete breakdown of the fees charged and/or an SARicon to them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

This looks a particularly nasty move by a PPC mespecially iif the claim was a dodgy Roboclaim that could have beeen defended., wonder if they are hoping DCBL will send Bohill and the Channel 5 Can't Pay mafia to scare people into paying as well it could happen to them if they don't pay that dodgy speculative invoice . Shame OP let these thugs in, they had no right of forced entry.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyandRuby1 View Post
    My husband received a parking notice in February 2017, after parking on a private road outside the house where he was living.

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS were involved.

He received 2 notices and as it was a private parking company he ignoredicon them.

A few months letter a 3rd latter came suggesting a court case and demanding £400.

He filled in the form and returned it saying that whilst he disagreed with it he would pay but could not pay all at once and requested a payment plan. He suggested £100 per month. That was in November, 2017.

He heard NOTHING back from them and received no further notices or correspondence.

On the 22nd March 2018, at 17.45pm there was a hammering on the front door, my husband answered and noticed a clamp on his car.

About 30 minutes after the bailiff had left the house, my husband received an email reply, from JULIE who said she was from GLADSTONES Solicitors, acknowledging his request for a payment plan.

She wrote saying thanks for the letter dated 18th February 2018 -the date the CCJ went through and that it was no longer their concern.
    From reading your question back a few times I am slightly confused.

It would seem that just over a year ago, your husband received notification about a private parking debt. A few months later (I assume around May 2017) he received a third letter suggesting a court case and requesting £400.

You then mention that approx 6 months later in November 2017, your husband 'filled in the form' and requested a payment plan of £100 per month. Your state that after your husband sent this form that he heard NOTHING further until DCBL visited on 22nd March.

What was the 'form' that your husband completed in November?

Was it the Admission Form on the court summons?

You mention that between November 2017 and 22nd March 2018 when DCBL visited that your husband had not received any correspondence. If so, what prompted him to email Gladstone's Solicitors on 18th February?

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

We need to start at the beginning, Where was the parking event and WHEN exactly.

I am assuming that multiple tickets are involved to jack the money up to an amount where bailiffs become invoved so knowing what the original amount(s) were will be very helpful.

It does appear as though hubby admitted that some money was owed but that doesnt explain the full amount from what you say so we need to know how they got it past the magic £700 hurdle to get bailiffs involved.

This means that he needs to get a copy of the claim and judgement from the Northampton county courticon (where online and bulk claims are handled).

This will take a few days but may well give you another reason for a set aside, the admission rather dents anythying regarding the legitimacy of the original claim.

Follows
    Following

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details