TV Licensing refund email

Mr.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had two of these emails pop up in my in box:

Subject: TV Licensing refund of 72.48 GBP - Still Pending

TV Licensing Refund Notification!

TV Licensing refund of 72.48 GBP - Still Pending

After the last annual calculation we have determined that you are eligible to receive a TV Licensing refund of 72.48 GBP. Due to invalid account details records, we were unable to credit your account.

Please submit the TV Licensing refund request and allow us 5-10 working days to be credited your account.

Click "Refund Me Now" and follow the steps in order to have process your request.

Refund Me Now

NOTE: For security reasons, we will record your IP Address, the date and time. Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued.

The email claims to be from Support @ tvlicensing.co.uk, but a brief look at the email headers reveals that it was sent from a French IP address assigned to Orange.fr. As TVL do not have an email address for myself, it is obviously a phishing attempt.

Do NOT click on the link and never, ever enter any personal information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

TV Licensing Official Link on Email [problem]: http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ288

We will never:

-- email you to tell you that you’re entitled to a refund.

-- ask you to pay additional money for our services, e.g. when you’re buying a licence or changing your details.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No need to look at the headers to know that this is a fake.

Getting money out of TVL would be like trying to pull teeth with a jackhammer, there's no way they'd be emailing someone to offer a refund :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.