Housing support for young people

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Housing support for young people

Housing costs will be available to 18 to 21-year-olds under Universal Credit to make sure young people from all backgrounds can get a job and progress into work.

The government will amend the regulations so that all 18 to 21-year-olds will be entitled to claim support for housing costs within Universal Credit.

Alongside the Youth Obligation, this change will mean young people get comprehensive and intensive work-focussed support, whether they are ‘learning’ or ‘earning’ as they set off into adulthood. They will also be assured that if they secure a tenancy they will be entitled to receive support towards their housing costs in the normal way.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/housing-support-for-young-people

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43587595

Labour welcomed the move which it says was one of its 2017 manifesto promises, but added that young people still struggle to get affordable housing.

[The prime minister's official spokesman said] that "96% of 18 to 21 year olds who were requesting support for housing costs were being granted it".

So there are 4% of young people requesting support that are not getting the help they need. On top of that, the help being given to the majority is insufficient in most parts of the country. In the area that I live, a modest room in a shared household is typically around £400 per month. Yet HB is capped at £280 for a single person. On top of that, the slightest of delays or errors in making a UC payment plunges the claimant in to rent arrears and puts them at risk of being made homeless.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.