Answer needed to JSA claimant commitment please

neo321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, the answer I need is on the jsa claimant commitment of " most hours I can work each week".

The reason is I have a long term disability, 2 years ago on my claim I had this on 24 hours.

I started work and claimed working tax credits on 24 hours.

but my employer was pushing my hours in a very demanding job for my disability up to 50 plus hours per week.

I complained to head office and got no where so resigned from the position.

I made a claim for jsa today and the "work coach" said that as I had done 50 hours then 40 hours full time would be on my claim for "hours I can work".

I wondered if there was a set amount of hours like working tax credits if you are disabled that is accepted by them to put on the form.

thank you.

Standard is 40 hours per week. Suggest a letter from your Doctor is obtained and supplied to the Job Centre work coach for a tailored commitment, to take into account your health.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It should be tailored to your need and take into account how your disability affects any work you can do.

Anything over 16 hours takes you off JSA anyway so it shouldn't be an issue, they should also tailor the traveling time to suit your needs as well i.e. 60 minutes instead of the normal 90 mins that is used.

• Confused 1

they should also tailor the traveling time to suit your needs as well i.e. 60 minutes instead of the normal 90 mins that is used.

To add to this; If the OP is reliant on public transport, then available hours must take in to account the published timetables. i.e. If the first bus is at 07:00 and the last one back is at 18:00 Mon-Fri, then available hours are 08:30 to 16:30 Mon-Fri.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would add and please correct me anyone if I am wrong.

The JSA job seekers agreement rebranded claimant commitment is nothing but a roadmap of how you will proceed in your job searching activities.

As far as the law is concerned it is a scrap of paper and you do not have to take any or all the steps agreed to in your agreement.

The legal test is are you actively seeking employment (ASE) And that means take more than 2 steps in any week in normal circumstances and they cannot lawfully you for failing to seek work. And as said previously make sure you get your circumstances taken onto consideration, it is a negotiation so do not accept everything they say without you having input.

Among the requirements necessary to claim JSA:

• you’re available for work

• you’re actively seeking work

• you don’t have an illness or disability which stops you from working

You may get ESA if your illness or disability affects your ability to work and you’re:

• under State Pension age

• not getting Statutory Sick Pay or Statutory Maternity Pay and you haven’t gone back to work

• not getting Jobseeker’s Allowance

You can apply for ESA if you’re employed, self-employed, unemployed or a student on Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.

Don’t you think, in your circumstance as you state them, it would be more advantageous for you to claim ESA. (Employment and Support Allowance)?