Cost of Appliance Direct item purchased online has changed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first time using this forum and this may be a little bit long winded which I apologise for

I purchased an item online over 11 days ago from Appliance Direct.

The item was advertised at £19.97p and the original delivery date was to be Monday 26th March 18.

The item did not turn up

I contacted the company via their chat facility online,

I was then informed the delivery date was changed to Wednesday 28th March 18.

Again the item did not turn up

I contacted them again.

The item in question was put on hold for delivery as the price of £19.97p was wrong and there was a discrepancy.

I have now been informed by the company this order has been cancelled for this reason and I will be reimbursed the money owed.

The actual item is shown on their website as £59.99 now, this is the exact same item.

I have contacted their customer services and they informed me that because the item was not dispatched then there was no contract in place.

The money has left my account over a week ago to pay for this item and I have received an email informing me the item was despatched.

Where exactly do I stand with this?

Any advice greatly received.

Thank you in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

either await the return of the money

or do a chargeback on your card with your bank

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply, but my problem with the company is, they advertised the item at a lower price then when they realised they cancelled the order. I am still left without the item I needed in the first place which is why I ordered it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and ofcourse you realised, blimey that's cheap and ordered it..??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello BazzaS. I paid via debit card and payment shows on statement. I do not understand the terms and conditions really but I cant find anything on when contract is formed apart from:

1.1.3 "Contract" means any contract between the Seller and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the Products, subject to and incorporating these conditions;

3.3 Acceptance of the Customers order and the completion of the Contract between the Seller and Customer will take place on despatch to the Customer of the Products ordered unless the Seller has notified the Customer that the order has not been accepted or it has been cancelled by the Customer.

I had an email from Customer services to inform me no contract was complete as no despatch details were given however, just before original delivery date I received notification that item was despatched. I am not able to put this on here as I only have 2 posts, according to the site I need to have 10 or more to post images or links. As far as I am concerned this was notification of despatch to my home address.

All legal rights explained in the above link post # 5

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This item was on the website for the original price for 2 weeks previous to me buying it. I was away out of the country at the time my wife seen this and purchased on my return home. I had no idea I was buying so cheap until they informed me

I have come across a couple of ebayers doing this.

They advertise something for cheap, they take your money, keep it for as long as they can until you kick up a fuss then they refund you.

By doing this to thousands of people they earn a little interest or, if they have an offset mortgage they save a lot of interest.

Clever and not really illegal as nobody is making a loss.