NHS gets funding green light for new buildings, wards and beds

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NHS gets funding green light for new buildings, wards and beds

Forty NHS hospitals and community services will get £760 million to modernise and transform their buildings and services in the year of the NHS’s 70th birthday.

The funding was announced today by Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Jeremy Hunt. It is the biggest investment of its kind in the NHS in over 10 years. The NHS will spend the money on programmes to meet local demand, such as new urgent care centres and refurbishing mental health facilities.

The Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) will receive £300 million to transform local hospital services. It proposes to use the funding to develop an emergency care site and a separate planned care site, with 24-hour urgent care centres at both sites.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-gets-funding-green-light-for-new-buildings-wards-and-beds

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So if I read that correctly STP get £300 million, the remainder gets shared out around 39 other places giving them a heady £11.8million each?

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

So if I read that correctly STP get £300 million, the remainder gets shared out around 39 other places giving them a heady £11.8million each?

On average, yes.

But the link given lays out the “up to” amounts.

North Central London gets “Up to £0.3 million”, so they won’t be getting any more ......

Somerset? Up to 79.4 million.

The (first) bigger (IMHO) question. How much of this is “New” money, and how much previously allocated / announced money that has been repurposed .....

The second question: if these STP funds will save Shrewsbury / Telford hospitals from having to seek PFI funding, will the STP team have to pay anything back in the future, like PFI providers expect?.