Company refuse to pay bonus after finished employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Ive worked for a company until the end of Feb. They had a bonus scheme in place, that when we achieved certain targets we were getting paid a bonus. Bonus was being paid for a month behind. So if we hit target in Feb, we were getting paid bonus for that month in march wages. I have worked for them until the last day of Feb, so I was there when targets were reached and bonus was achieved. So I assumed I will have that bonus paid after I left. Now they refuse to pay it.

I'm not sure where I stand legally on this so thought I would ask here.

Thanks

usually you have to be in their employ to receive the bonus when it is paid out so you will need to read the terms of the scheme very carefully.

Thats how it works with my employer. You have to be employed throughout the qualifying period and at the time of payout to be eligible to recieve it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thats how it works with my employer. You have to be employed throughout the qualifying period and at the time of payout to be eligible to recieve it.

That was the rule in the bonus scheme at my last employer too. Check the rules of the bonus scheme.

Did you leave voluntarily, ie because you decided to resign and go to a new job?