• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Had my License revoked due to late return of a medical questionnaire

Goucho
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any legal guys here need help

In January I needed to be fitted with a pacemaker.

My surgeon told me that I must inform the DVLA but to also tell them that I had fully recovered due to the procedure and me bionic heart.

Soon after I told them by phone and they said I would get a questionnaire to fill in.

The facts ----- Due to the questionnaire not being returned in time my driving license has been revoked.

Following a telephone call today I was informed that My license will not be reinstated even though they have the said questionnaire in their possession.

I have informed them that it will cause severe hardship and distress to me as a registered disabled person who needs a vehicle at all times.

Even asking them what I should do they said to go to the post office and apply for a driving license.

I told them that I couldn't because I am on my own and can't get there because of my disability.

Not their problem basically!

They did not get the questionnaire in time but can't tell me what law/guidelines they have in place and what grounds there are to have the license reinstated even temporarily until the whole thing is investigated.

It is actually a paper exercise for their records because when I rang them the medical condition did not exist.

You can legally drive with a pacemaker all you have to do is inform the DVLA.

I also asked them how they can impose a punishment as harsh as revoking a license of a disabled person who is deemed fit to drive and why they can't come to a compromise now that they have the questionnaire. They told me that the time limit is 14 days from the date they send me the letter and I told them that I got the letter today dated 16/03/2018 informing me that it had been revoked??

I asked them how they could impose a time limit on something that they cannot prove I got never mind got late like the letter i got today?

Does anyone know how I can fight this?

Can they impose what is deemed a punishment on a time limit that is instigated on a letter that they cannot prove was received by me on time?

Common sense would dictate that it be reinstated on a temporary basis now that the information has been received and is, in fact, a paper exercise.

I cannot find anything in writing on the net stating when the time limit is imposed?

Should it not be sent recorded if there is a punishment attached?

Like they have the form but won't do anything because it was late and the letter i got today informing that my license was revoked was dated 16th March hence why I rang them???

PLZ Help :(

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Any legal guys here need help urgently!!!!!

In January I needed to be fitted with a pacemaker.

My surgeon told me that I must inform the DVLA but to also tell them that I had fully recovered due to the procedure and me bionic heart.

Soon after I told them by phone and they said I would get a questionnaire to fill in.

The facts ----- Due to the questionnaire not being returned in time my driving license has been revoked.

So, when did the questionnaire arrive?, when was it dated?, did it give a date it needed to be returned by?, when did you return it? did you send it by a tracked method?, when did it reach DVLA?.

Following a telephone call today I was informed that My license will not be reinstated even though they have the said questionnaire in their possession.

Once the licence was revoked you'd have to show that your questionnaire had been received (not 'just sent') within time, and the revocation was in error. Was it received in time?

Ahh, you've said (later)

They did not get the questionnaire in time

I have informed them that it will cause severe hardship and distress to me as a registered disabled person who needs a vehicle at all times.

Even asking them what I should do they said to go to the post office and apply for a driving license.

I told them that I couldn't because I am on my own and can't get there because of my disability.

Not their problem basically!

Absolutely, as they didn't get the questionnaire in time. Check with them if you can complete a D1 and H1 form online, to avoid the trip to the post office?.

In the interim, have you considered applying for benefits to provide you with funding for mobility, as your've had your licence revoked on medical grounds.......?.

They did not get the questionnaire in time but can't tell me what law/guidelines they have in place and what grounds there are to have the license reinstated even temporarily until the whole thing is investigated.

If they have revoked it within their guidelines, it is revoked and can't just be re-instated.

It is actually a paper exercise for their records because when I rang them the medical condition did not exist.

You can legally drive with a pacemaker all you have to do is inform the DVLA.

Up until the point you don't return their questionnaire, and they revoke your licence ...... then it is no longer a paper exercise, as you've discovered!

I also asked them how they can impose a punishment as harsh as revoking a license of a disabled person who is deemed fit to drive and why they can't come to a compromise now that they have the questionnaire. They told me that the time limit is 14 days from the date they send me the letter and I told them that I got the letter today dated 16/03/2018 informing me that it had been revoked??

I asked them how they could impose a time limit on something that they cannot prove I got never mind got late like the letter i got today?

Does anyone know how I can fight this?

Can they impose what is deemed a punishment on a time limit that is instigated on a letter that they cannot prove was received by me on time?

Common sense would dictate that it be reinstated on a temporary basis now that the information has been received and is, in fact, a paper exercise.

Common sense and DVLA Drivers Medical Group rarely exist in the same sentence. However, you have to play by their rules. Once your license is revoked, unless you can show them it was absolutely their error and your completed questionnaire was received in time ... it remains revoked.

They on the other hand have to play within their rules, but most of the time instead have guidelines (like an 18 week target, that conveniently gets pushed back, and described as a target and not a limit, when they don't meet it.

There are routes of appeal (e.g. to Magistrates Court), but you'd have to show they have breached their own guidelines ..... and if they didn't get the form back in time, they are acting within their guidelines.

I cannot find anything in writing on the net stating when the time limit is imposed?

Should it not be sent recorded if there is a punishment attached?

Like they have the form but won't do anything because it was late and the letter i got today informing that my license was revoked was dated 16th March hence why I rang them???

PLZ Help :(

First rule with DVLA : follow their requirements 100%.

Second rule with DVLA: keep copies of everything you submit, for when they lose it, or say you sent something different. Be that photocopies of paper documentation or copies / screenshots of anything online.

Third rule: record any phone conversations, getting the name of every person you speak to

Fourth rule: I wouldn't say they lie, as one can explain when they give you inconsistent or wrong information by incompetence rather than malice.

So, call again, recording it. Get them to confirm if you can complete a D1 and H1 online. Get them to confirm they will consider an application currently, and that you don't have to wait for weeks.

Bear in mind they have a target time of a maximum of 18 weeks from when they have replies to their 'enquiries' (so not just when you complete the forms!), but bear in mind if they go over this that they'll say "ahh, but it is a target", and not a binding limit.

You may get your licence back sooner, but don't hold your breathe.

If they have asked you to return your licence, do so, but take a copy of it (and any previous counterpart first). Expect to lose any C1 / D1 entitlement when you get your new licence, as you probably won;t retain them under 'grandfathering' once the licence was revoked.

If any other entitlements are missing, the copy showing you held them previously will be essential.

tl:dr : you probably won't get them to restore your licence without re-applying. Stack the odds in your favour by getting all your documentation complete and keep copies.

Thanx Bazza5.

The form was late.

Can't-do one of them online and after I told them my situation they told me to go to the post office. One that actually issues them which is actually in the middle of a shopping centre for me!

I am guilty as charged. You couldn't make it up!!

Thanx Bazza5.

The form was late.

Can't-do one of them online and after I told them my situation they told me to go to the post office. One that actually issues them which is actually in the middle of a shopping centre for me!

I am guilty as charged. You couldn't make it up!!

If someone can't go and get a D1 for you, you can get DVLA to send you a D1 pack: https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms

You'll need to send them an H1 form with your completed D1: H1 available online at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/670372/h1-medical-questionnaire.pdf

Suggestion: send it special delivery (it may mean you, or someone acting for you, going to the post office, but at least it doesn't have to be the main branch you've said is hard to get to!)

Expect them to contact your GP and your cardiologist, but if the pacemaker implant was successful, and you are now asymptomatic: you should get your licence back (caveats: if Group 1, and if you are now symptom free).

The main issue is how long they'll take to reach that conclusion ......... as well as the fact that if you previously had a minibus / light goods entitlement, it'll probably be gone from any new licence.

Thank you for your help.

Crazy isn't it ... there are some people who would drive anyway whilst all this was getting sorted and if stopped and charged could still drive until the court hearing and then a magistrate would listen then and maybe they might keep their license with a fine and points. just saying.

I will be flagged now and number plate readers would get me stopped today if a police car happened across me. I love the "system"