• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

whatever happens knowhow cover

icemen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You have completely misunderstood. If they wanted, they could withdraw cover for the future. Clearly they can't withdraw cover retrospectively.

If PCWorld decided to bluff you out then they might force you to pay the claim fee after which they might put their hands up – or they might decide to go to court. They are a bunch of bullies.

If you pay the claim fee then clearly it would be at risk but if you won then you would get it back plus your court fee. Plus you would give PCWorld a bit of a slap – which is no bad thing

Edited by honeybee13
Clarity

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they wish to they can stop my cover for future, I currently have three more expensive tablets still under the cover.

I have just renewed two of them for another year before this happened. So I'll get my money back.

Never made one claim yet against any of them.

Also had a laptop from them a couple of years ago with the two years cover they sold me with it, just finished in Dec 2017, I never renewed but never made one claim, was worth about £500.

They are all far more valuable then the little out of date 7in tablet i'm making a claim against.

This should work in my favour or not?

Can you draft up a mail for me to raise a claim?

send it to my personal inbox if you want @bankfodder.

Can you tell us more about the other tablets which are undercover please.

How many policies do you have altogether? And in respect of how many of them have you made claims?

So I understand that you have four Knowhow policies – and in respect of three of them you have never made any claims.

If that is correct then it blows any suggestion from them that you are a serial claimer/abuser of the policy out of the water.

Please confirm that is correct

Well in that case I would say that it blows any suggestion by them that you are some kind of serial abuser of know-how policies completely out of the water.

Can you help me draft up a claim then? as what I was going to say you said wasn't any good.

& also give me the links to the website I need to raise claim on?

Find your way to MoneyClaim online and open an account there. It's free.

In XXX date 2016, the claimant purchased a "Know-How" policy number XXX in respect of a Samsung XXX model tablet computer from the defendant at £4.50 per month

The policy cover includes breakdowns, breakages and "mishaps".

The claimant's six year old daughter left the tablet on the side of a bath and it fell into the water and stopped working.

The defendants refused to honour their contractual obligation to repair or replace the tablet which was damaged as a result of this mishap.

This claim is for the value of a replacement article as per the defendants KnowHow policy not exceeding £250.

check to see if the facts above are correct and if anything has been left out. You should then value your claim at £250 and the fee that you pay will be the fee for that value.

On the MoneyClaim website you will be able to start this claim and you will be able to enter the wording above and then save it as a draft so that you can then issue it when you feel that you are ready. The cost of the claim will automatically be added to the total your claim.

There is a character limit on the MoneyClaim site. You may have to do tinker with the wording I suggested if it exceeds the limit

Is this correct? if I raise a claim for £250 the fee I pay to raise is the same £250?

I can't risk that, is this is true? I thought it was like £25 for a online claim

"check to see if the facts above are correct and if anything has been left out. You should then value your claim at £250 and the fee that you pay will be the fee for that value"

I'm afraid that you've misunderstood things once again. The fee that you will pay will be the appropriate fee for a £250 claim. I don't know if this is £25 or £35 but it will be something in that order. You will have to check it out. They will tell you what they want before you click off your credit card and commit yourself.

Don't forget that if there is a hearing fee then in order for the claim to progress in the event that they file a defence, you will have to pay the hearing fee. I think it is entirely possible that they will file a defence. I think your chances of winning the case are better than 85%

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

you mean acknowledge the claim with their intentions.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay well keep an eye on MoneyClaim and the first moment it allows you to apply the judgement – just go ahead and do it. No need to muck around. No need to give notice. Just go ahead.

Neither but it probably means that they didn't expect it to go this far and now they've got to organise themselves and decide what to do. Keep us informed if they make any offer and before you accept anything or sign anything

They had until 30th April to reply.

Just had a email from Moneyclaims, PC world have requested an extension for 14 days

They now have up until 14th May.

Don't know if that's a good thing or bad?

Simply means they have defended all and will be submitting a defence and get the full 33 days

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I didn't realise it was 33 days now. sorry

Yes. My bad