Please help! CRS / Xercise4less

AdriPL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Please help me regarding the debt I got from CRS for canceling DD.

I apologize in advance for my English because it is not good

I registered for the xercise4less gym in January 2017 and during the visit I was interested in not having a contract and being able to resign at any moment because I come from Poland and at that time I worked in Great Britain.

I was told that there will be no problem and I have to pay 19.90 per month where there was 9.90 on the chop, but I agreed because it suited me.

In October 2017 I returned to Poland and canceled direct debit in my bank without informing them because I was convinced that I did not have to.

I have now received a letter from CRS about debt for over 200 pounds.

Can I somehow resolve this matter to avoid this penalty?

Here is the e-mail I received

19 March 2018

CRS REF No:

LIVERPOOL CRS HELPLINE: 01444 449 165

ACCOUNT BALANCE: £ 201.47

IMPORTANT - PLEASE CALL US TODAY ON 01444 449165

Re: CRS Ref No:

Xercise 4 Less Ref. No:

We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account, you remain in arrears to

Xercise 4 Less.

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account

balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd, one of the UK's leading providers of debt recovery solutions.

WE WOULD STILL LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER

We're still happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable

resolution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on 01444 449 165 by no later than 29th March

18 so we can discuss your account further.

Yours sincerely

For Credit Resolution Services

Nuria Manson

Collections Department

Thank you for every help.

bounce the email back and block them

nothing they can do to you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the quick reply.

so I have nothing to pay for them?

It is possible that in the future it will come back to Great Britain and I would not want to have problems in the bank or anywhere else.

After all, will I still be charging the costs of the gym for not giving notice. So how would I still use it?

nope

ideally you should read a few threads

and poss send the slick132 letter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the quick reply.

so I have nothing to pay for them?

It is possible that in the future it will come back to Great Britain and I would not want to have problems in the bank or anywhere else.

After all, will I still be charging the costs of the gym for not giving notice. So how would I still use it?

You wont have any problems anywhere. Ignore them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Adri and welcome to CAG

Don't reply to the email for now and ignore any further demands from Harlands/CRS and The Zinc Group.

You have 2 choices :-

1. Ignore all demands because they will do nothing serious about this matter.

2. Use one of my letters to offer them the final fee you should have paid after giving notice to cancel. The offer to pay is valid for 14 days only.

Let us know what you want to do.

This not likely to affect you or cause and problems with banking or anything else.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Adri,

Further to my post above, option #2 is the best one.

See the 2nd blue letter here that you can adapt and send to Harlands/CRS - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485548-just-another-Harlands-thread&p=5103959&viewfull=1#post5103959

Change it to reflect your own case and send by email. Post your draft here for me to check first if you want.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)