PayPal negative balance

Lptrobbo54
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon... I have an issue with PayPal .

I have been frauded online and I've been left with a 7000 pounds negative balance I can't pay..

story is as follows.

.. I met someone on a website called people per hour.. who wanted someone to help them sell items on eBay whilst I'll earn commission...

I did this for 2 items and sold them to 2 buyers who then paid me via PayPal..

I then stupidly paid the money into my bank account and transferred it to the actual seller who then decided to go missing and not send the product to the buyer... Leaving me in the lurch..

the 2 buyers were luckily refunded but now PayPal are asking for thier money back..

. And have threatened collection agencies..

. I've informed the police and both eBay and PayPal but to no avail... What do I do here??

It was a genuine mistake by me and iv been defrauded...

I'm not paying PayPal one penny...

I even have emails to prove my innocence as the original actual seller has contacted me loads via email..

. Will the collections people just send me letters or will they actually turn up???

Will it just go away or is my credit score in jeopardy??

Help.... I am law abiding military man who feels awful I got involved in this stupid [problem]...

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Ignore them. Close down the account and ignore any emails or phoen calls you get from them.

Paypals security systems are absolutely laughable and they wont go near a court or any legal route with it, as they wont want their entire system investigated.

Why are you worried about collections? They have no power to do a single thing at all. They might say they will, but thats all it is. It's scare tactics.

Read the other threads on here regarding paypal. It will make you breathe easier

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok... Sounds interesting.. thanks for your help... Will I just ditch all letters then and ignore thier calls?? I work away as I'm in the forces.. will anyone knock my door when my wife's there?? I'll be happy to take this to court as o have proof of my innocence and that I haven't done anything wrong... But very happy to leave it lol....

bear in mind you have participated in fraud and money laundering so paypal wont be able to chase you for the money but you may have to explain yourself to someone as to why you took part in this adventure. It is a lot of money so the problem wont just disappear completely.

We get this with students in particular who are looking for an easy way to earn a few quid without laying out anything upfront.

I hope anyone reading this stops and thinks about the simple adages of life, nothing is for nothing for example.

Having said that being naive isnt a criminal offence so do co-operate wityh any proper authority but keep away from paypal or their agents, they used to hire Intrim Justicia at one point (very swanky debt collectors) so expect loads of electronic hassle

nobody will come to your home from the DCA's paypal use. Theyre not that stupid

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Besides, if you're on a base (inside the wire) they'd never get past the gatehouse without someone shooting them repeatedly :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Quick update.

I have left it a while after sending PayPal countless emails they have eventually replied stating that I have to pay regardless as it was a 3rd party

I obviously am contesting this and said I financially cannot afford to pay this amount back..

they have offered me a payment plan however even a small monthly payment would hit me hard financially and I still feel that I am right in not paying...

They said if i don't the letters will start coming to my house reference collection.. what should I do now?? Any advice please???

you do nothing ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what should I do now??

Exactly as dx100uk has said. You do nothing except allow them to waste their money writing you nasty letters. Because that's all that they will do.

Buy a hamster, PayPal and/or their tame "Desperate Collection Agency" will send you regular 'bedding' for it :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Paypal have failed to follow the EU regs on money laundering so they are in the mire anyway. Dont pay for their errors.

Learn from this and understand whay went wrong and why.

Ebay has the power to look into the whole transaction and set the police on whoever is behind this but they wont, they dont want it publicised that their systems are leakier than a sieve.

IF you do get letters you read them very carefully and note what they say they are GOING to do and ignore what they MAY do or intend to do or recommend someone else does or whatever.

Blcok their emails, block their texts and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
Quick update.

I have left it a while after sending PayPal countless emails they have eventually replied stating that I have to pay regardless as it was a 3rd party

I obviously am contesting this and said I financially cannot afford to pay this amount back..

they have offered me a payment plan however even a small monthly payment would hit me hard financially and I still feel that I am right in not paying...

They said if i don't the letters will start coming to my house reference collection.. what should I do now?? Any advice please???

Hey any update with your case?

Hey.. had loads of phones call which I have I ignored and blocked now.. 1 or 2 emails which I deleted... I have sent one back to them now disputing the case again and also saying I am happy to take this to court to fight my case... They have not been in contact since...

don't feed the trolls

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just going to sit it out now... And await the collections letters.... When they arrive shall I start the 3 letter process straight away or just ignore it totally... thanks for all your help so far...

what...please don't tell me that's FOTL poop?

what 3 letter process?

and they

Freeman of the land twaddle ignore

never invite pointless letter tennis

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Current update then

... I am constantly getting calls from PayPal.

. probably 5-6 a day from the same 2 people lol

... They say it's a personal business call and I should call them back lol...

Just blocked them and deleting their voice mails..

.no letters or emails just pure phone harrassment...

What to do now???

Continue ignoring????

What will happen next????

Always ignore

and they

Current update then

... I am constantly getting calls from PayPal.

. probably 5-6 a day from the same 2 people lol

... They say it's a personal business call and I should call them back lol...

Just blocked them and deleting their voice mails..

.no letters or emails just pure phone harrassment...

What to do now???

Continue ignoring????

What will happen next????

Calls last around 3 weeks then they'll get collection agency involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.. update.. PayPal have moved on and passed this to a company called westcott who have been trying to ring me... Obviously I'm ignoring them.. I'm expecting letters through the post but none so far.... When they come do I just stay strong and keep ignoring?? Anyone had dealings with westcott before????