BW Legal Intimidation by 'phone! Liverpool Airport VSC Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the same mill familiar to all- Vehicle Control Services Limited.

Did all the online stuff - rejected surprise surprise.

Letter from bwlegal threatening commencement of legal proceedings in the form of County Court Claim Form.

bwlegal called my on the 'phone today - I am shaking!

How do they get my number?? They asked me to confirm who I was which I did

They then asked me to go through some security questions. I declined.

I said that I will wait for any court summons and defend myself to the hilt.

I said I regard this call as intimidatory.

I said they and their customer are charlatans and that their actions are unreasonable and that I will rely on the reasonableness of the court to see through this

I instructed them clearly and concisely that they MUST not ever call me again and that any correspondence hereon in MUST be in writing.

Specifics are vehicle stopped on red lines for 30 ish seconds on side road to apparent parking location, finding it not the parking location booked, consult satnav, turnaround and drive off. No parking, no picking up, no dropping off, engine always on, brake lights always on, always in gear, no obstruction, no unsafe practice. Can't recall which of us was driving :oops:

Problem is, how can we stop these crooks? If it gets too problematic, they'll just give up and move on to the next, less challenging victim.

Politicians, police, JLA - are you out there?

What are going to do about it?

Us little people can't.:-x

Edited by dx100uk
format

You could do a SAR to find out where they got your number from (mobile or landline?) and then sue for breach of the DPA but to be honest you will spend more time on it than it is worth.

At the moment they are also breaching the regulations for debt recovery (they are not acting in thier capacity as a solicitor but sold can do other regulated business without having to ask the FCA) but you wont get anywhere with that either.

The short 2 word reply with the second word being OFF would have been appropriate to BWL.

posting up the letter you got with personal details redacted will be helpful, we know the rest regarding VCS and the airport.

They still dont have any contract or any rights there anyway so stop panicking, that is what they hope for and then you are more likey to pay up.

A fight over how they got your phone number should not be part of this fight, keep them separate so you dont have one relying on the other for evidence.

wait for BWL to send their lba and then respond accordingly.

they know that the land is not "relevant land" so POFA not applicable and thus no keeper liability, the signage is prohibitive so not a genuine offer of a contract and in any case performing a 3 point turn is not "stopping" any more than stopping at a red light or waiting to turn right is. They know this, they know their clients know this and both they and their clients know that they will lose at court

so letting them know you look forward to thrashing them as a response to that lba will make then consider whether the cost is worth the return on investment as it will cost them about £100 to do court to get nothing back in a defended case.

They often do start proceedings in the hope you then cave in or do nothing so they win by default.

your letter will be evidence that they ahve behaved unreasonably and thus mean they are likely to get a costs order against them as well.

One lawyer took a parking co on and they were ordered to pay him £1400 for their unreasonable behaviour Now the parking co pays that even though it was their solicitors who were unreasonable and incompetent but you get what you pay for..

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thanks ericsbrother. Have redacted letter and saved as jpeg so it can't be unravelled. Willing to post here. How do I attach it? Insert picture asks for a URL. Can't I attached a file?

Convert it to a PDF and then read upload

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

BW are part of the Lowell group

they would have gotten your phone number from debts they own that you've not paid?

check your credit

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BW are part of the Lowell group

they would have gotten your phone number from debts they own that you've not paid?

check your credit

BW Legal arent part of the Lowell Group - Separately traded company :)

If you apply for credit usually the company will pass info to the CRA to store in a database. DCAs use these searches (application info you used) to trace you...

Its sneaky... But apparently perfectly legal

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That's BWL acting as a debt collector. Ignore them.

You are likely to get a LBA from these clowns, they're competing with Gladrags to win the title of "most inept (so called) legal firm" but any claim they make is very easily won and as a bonus, you can counter claim, claim for your expenses and cost them all of their fees in to the bargain :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

That's BWL acting as a debt collector. Ignore them.

You are likely to get a LBA from these clowns, they're competing with Gladrags to win the title of "most inept (so called) legal firm" but any claim they make is very easily won and as a bonus, you can counter claim, claim for your expenses and cost them all of their fees in to the bargain :lol:

Just go read all those on Parking Prankster :) All those wonderful cases they have lost :p

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Received a "Letter of Claim" from bwl (bowel?) stating "we have been instructed by VCSL to commence legal action in the form of issuing a Claim against you in the County Court is respect of the above debt".

They then give sum £160 plus interest Court feed, Solicitors costs giving total £239.76.

The Enclosures - Information Sheet on how to avoid Court action, Reply form, Income and Expenditure form the "What You Need To Do Now" ie pay by 14June2018. They then offer a BS way to pay (interest?) plus a user friendly page on how to pay, how to get help from CAB etc - no doubt to put a sweet smell on their ordure.

The Reply Form then says fill in or else it COULD result in Court Proceedings with a tick box to "agree I owe the debt" and alternatives.

I have some "legal" experience of interpreting legal terms and this looks all designed to get one to pay. I will not. I'd love my day in court. I can afford the debt easily and would want to have my day.

I assume I should not respond before getting formal court documentation and say zilch, nada, until then.

"" They then give sum £160 plus interest Court fee, Solicitors costs giving total £239.76."

Have they issued a court claim ?

" The Reply Form then says fill in or else it COULD result in Court Proceedings with a tick box to "agree I owe the debt" and alternatives."

I thought they had already with the charges above ?

" I assume I should not respond before getting formal court documentation and say zilch, nada, until then "

You would be correct...file it:-)

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They've not issued a Court Claim.

They say they are instructed to issue a Claim without further notice if they don't get payment or a response.

Looks to me like it's just more intense leverage to get me to pay.

Extremely annoying and certainly intimidatory.

Will pop down to local town where local MP has an office.

I'm a high end professional, have prepared expert witness stuff and am articulate (ish...you be the judge!) and will not pay.

Problem is, they'll just move on to the next victim.

I will counter claim as far as I can and trumpet my hourly rate to make it eye watering, but it won't stop them.

Court needs to able to award punitive damages (which I would undertake to give to charity 100%) or politicians need to act.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Then you respond telling them that their client has no cause for action as the land is not " relevant land" under the POFA and that it has its own bye laws that make no mention of VCS. As you know they have suffered a number of defeats in court for exactly the same thing any action can only be viewed as an abuse of the civil procedure and you will seek a full copsts recovery order for their unreasonable behavior. Also let them know you are monmder so sue their client for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Phillip, Liverpool CC dec 2016

Dont dress it up nicely, be as rude as you wish but dont say anything about intimidation, (lawyers cant harass or intimidate and that is why these bandits use the services of certain solicitors.) punishment, expert witnesses or any other action you may or may not take. this is straightforward so dont complicate things