UKCPS PCN - Out of marked bay - Centertainment Sheffield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. The date of infringement? 20th March, 2018 at 20:04:43

2. Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No

2.1. Have you received a Notice To Keeper? Not yet

2.2. What date is on it? Not recieved letter yet, just a ATTENTION slip

2.3. Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Yes

3. Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) Not one the webpage with all the information and photographs

4. If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? Not appealed

5. Who is the parking company? UKCPS

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Centertainment Sheffield

Hi there,

me and my girlfriend went to the cinema last night in Sheffield.

As we got into Sheffield we noticed there were really bad traffic around the centertainment area.

We managed to get into the car park for Cineworld and it was absolutly jam packed.

There was an event going off somewhere nearby and people were using the centertainment car park (as its free) and leaving the area.

The cinema was dead so the majority of cars there were infringing the rules by not staying within the area.

We drove around for half an hour and was late for our movie trying to find a parking bay.

We found a little area, safe section unused by the walking public and unmarked as all parking bays were taken up.

We didnt obstruct anyone or cause any danger to anyone or cost anyone any money.

I was outraged at the fact that everyone was using the parking bays and not even going to the cinema.

They want £100 for some reason, £60 if I pay up within 2 weeks.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Well, I'd like to win the lottery. That's probably not going to happen either :lol:

OK. First things first, do absolutely nothing as regards an appeal until you get a Notice to Keeper through the post. Sit on your hands if you need to! This is important as the last thing that you want to do is identify the driver of the vehicle at the time.

If you're local to the site, some pictures of the signage in and around the car park would be useful as they PPC's usually stuff that up in some way. Also pictures of any signs as you come off the road and enter the site.

Finally, scan in, remove the registration number of the vehicle, any PCN, bar or QR codes from the windscreen ticket and then upload it as a PDF file to this thread. They sometimes stuff those up as well.

The main thing to remember though is Don't Panic! There are perfectly legal ways to fight these bandits and the best way it to wait for them to shoot themselves in the foot, which they all do regularly :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

UKCPS always mess up on one of two things. Signage or NTK is out of time. SIt tight and wait for their next move.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thankyou DragonFly1967 and renegadeimp for your replys. I have attached photographs of the documents left on the car. I can also view details of the recorded contravention on the website stated. On there are photographs of my car and much more information.

What do you meen by Signage or NTK out of time? I have noticed the time is slightly different from the document left on the vehicle v the details left on the website. Its only by a couple minutes. Document = 20:02:32 vs Online = 20:04:43.

IMG_20180321_153202.jpg

IMG_20180321_154146.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what those (images) are supposed to be! :!: They're laughable. My dog could design something better than that! :lol:

Where I'm referring to times, the PPC have strict time limits that they must adhere to. These are set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Schedule 4.

As that most certainly is not a windscreen ticket (NtD) a ticket through the post (NtK) MUST land on your doormat within 15 days (14 days from the day after the parking event). Outside of that, they've already shot themselves in the foot as no keeper liability has been created under the terms set out in the POFA 2012.

If they want to claim that that is a NtD, then a NtK must land on your doormat no earlier than 29 days (or 28 from the day after the parking event) and no later than 57 days (or 56 days after the parking event). But I'm at a complete loss as to how they're going to claim that that's a valid NtD based on those images, especially as they say that it isn't.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

But I'm at a complete loss as to how they're going to claim that that's a valid NtD based on those images, especially as they say that it isn't.

If I hadn't seen them with my own eyes, I'd never have believed it myself....... they are hilarious :lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They are not Notice to Drivers in any sense that the rest of the world who has read the POFA would ever understand. It doesnt sat who issued it, why, where, how much for or any of the basic info needed in law. However, this isnt important at the moment as you arent going to challenge this or pay up, you are going to WAIT until they send a NTK through the post when the driver fails to pay up or appeal.

Thereis anoth thing they may try and that is issue a NTD and claim it is done under para 9 of the POFA which applies to ANPR capture and then say that no it wasnt a NTD so para 5 and 8 dont apply. This is dishonest and they know it but rely on you not knowing so when you get a letter through the post please tell us when it arrived and show us what it says. i hope that your keeper detils are up to date or you will cause yourself no end of bother over this

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 2 weeks later...

Well the NTK is invalid for a start. Have a good look and tell me whats missing from it.

And a big LOL to their parting part of the form " statement of truth"

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Why would you ever think youd ever have to pay them?

Have a read of other similar threads, and wait for the regulars to reply. It is extremely easy to bat this one away, although you will get desperate begging letters from UKCPS and a DCA. But thats all they are. Begging letters.

Let us consider their NTK,

it says that the driver hasnt paid,

well why would they as they didnt receive a NTD.

This is typical of a buch of shysters like UKPCS.

They try and use this starnge letter on the car as a method of starting the discount period clock

but then dont issue the NTK in the correct time

so then claim it isnt a NTD.

In short they are trying to diddel you out of the discount period and also circumvent the law for the timetable for issuing notices.

Argue against one of the letters and they will say the other applies.

argue the other way round and they will say that the first one was real,

hoping you get cionfused and just pay up the higher amount.

What to do?

Sit on your hands for another month in case they try a third letter uinder para 8 of the POFA claiming the first one was a real NTD.

In the meanwhile photographs of the signage at the site would be very helpful as I bet that is rubbish as well.

Images of the entrance to the land from the public highway are a must, even if there are no signs there.

That is another stick to beat them with.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 weeks later...

so now they are trying to say that the NTD WAS issued and thet the NTK was a figment of everyones imagination.

Clearly they have no idea about the law they are now quoting and hope that you dotn either.

What to do? Ignore them a bit more.

The next step will be letters from dca's which have no more credence than the writing on the back of a crisp packet.

However,let us know when they write again and who it is who sent the letter.

Eventually you will be replying but they will think you are wavering if you respond now regardless of the content of your letter.

Only write when they have got to their last threat before they either have to start a court claim or drop it altogether.

Then your letter will hopefully persuade them that the latter is the best option for them. Until that point they have pound signs in their eyes and wont see reason.

I just had to subscribe to this thread as I will enjoy UKCPS trying this on in court. Initially they are saying that the NTD was ignored so they are going after the keeper however, the car was parked on the 20th yet the letter was dated 22nd. The NTD allows the driver 28 days to pay and then UKCPS can then go to the DVLA to get the keeper details which should arrive between 29 and 56 days after the event.

In my (humble) opinion, they are in breach of the KADOE agreement with the DVLA and should be reported to the DVLA.

Do I hear the faint noise of spurs?:-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore. They know they wont go anywhere near court with this, and if they tried, they would be annihilated.

Interestingly all the references quoted on their Reminder notice apply to the driver not the keeper. So far as I am aware UKPC have yet to establish whether the keeper is also the driver. I know the idiots at IPC seem to think they are. Judges are a lot wiser and proof will be required in Court should that ever UKPC try it on..

so if they wish to rely on the POFA then they shoudl explain how the chage has leapt to £130 whenthe POFA specifically limits the amount that can be claimed to the amount specified in the NTK?

The parking co's rarely have to address this point in court because they lose on more straightforward matters but it has been known that they get awarded the original sum and not the unicorn food tax.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 weeks later...

usual garbage, no explanationas to why it is £160 but I will tell you. If thye made it £200 people would challenge the amunt and the game of deceit would be up for the dca's and parking co's so they set it at an amount where people worry it might increase but low enough to get them to pay up without challenge.

Of course we know that it is all a fiction.