Off sick, manager wants to meet.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have done a search.

I have been off work for 6 weeks with work related stress with doctors note.

Got a call today from a supervisor telling me that my manager wants to see me later this week at work.

This is the only contact I have had from work since I have been off work.

Do I have to attend this meeting?

I have had no contact from HR or Occ health.

I really do not want to go to the meeting as the manager is part of the reason for the stress, and I feel I could lose my temper.

cheers

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

I think you should ask your gp if you are fit to attend. Do theyt have an occupational health person you could talk to instead?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

you could also meet somewhere neutral that is easy for both parties to reach if work is a good jorney away. Mnay hotels have rooms they hire by the hours for this kind of thing.

Refusing to attend the meeting wont go down well but havening a suitable arrangement as to where that meeting happens may ease the tension and even make it more likely they would wish to involve HR or occ health rather than your manager. You should let them know about the manager contributing to the problem as well, that will make it easier to persuade them to send a HR bod