style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need to send a breakdown of my income & expenditure to Equita and proof of any benefits.

Is there a template on here that I can send as I really don't feel comfortable sending my bank statements?

I a carer for my parent so that is my income which I do receive carers allowance.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick update.

after sending my proposals to Equita, as advised by my local authority.

Equita have ignored all my emails which I sent through their online system and direct.

Today I received a text message informing me that an enforcement agent will be visiting etc.

I have emailed my local authority explaining everything and how Equita have been ignoring my emails, even though my LA advised them to make a payment arrangement.

I have stressed how upsetting this is and how it is affecting me.

I also asked the LA if they would consider setting up the payment arrangement via Equita.

if he turns up follow post 4

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would suggest that whatever you sent to Equita, you should also send to the council as well.

PS: When speaking with the local authority, you may wish to remind them of paragraph 7 of the Taking Control of Goods: National Standards 2014 which says this:

7. Creditors should remember that enforcement agents are acting on their behalf and that ultimately they are responsible, and accountable, for the enforcement agents acting on their behalf.

Yesterday afternoon an enforcement agent turned up at my door, i didn’t let him in.

I tried to explain to him about the councils emails with regard to the account and show him proof of the emails from the Council, he wouldn’t look,

He was so aggressive in his manner, he said he was calling Equita, I asked if he could come back in the morning to which he replied no I will be banging on your door again soon, he then said Equita has denied all knowledge, but still wouldn’t look at the proof, he made me feel so intimidated, so I said I would need 24 hours to contact the Council for them to verify, he begrudgingly agreed and said only 24 hours.

He pulled up in my road in this 4x4 truck left it in the middle of the road and was just acting like a thug.

I managed to get through to the Council, who then found the emails they had sent to me, I also explained the amount of times I have been contacting Equita with the payment arrangement and the fact Equita are just ignoring everything, I said I even put in a complaint and still nothing, then they send a bailiff.

He the contacted Equita, he said the account is 100% on hold, he recommends I bombard Equita (those were his words) with continuous emails.

I said that the bailiff said he was coming back, he said that I shouldn’t be receiving any visits, but if the information hasn’t got back to the bailiff yet, if he does knock I am to say this persons name in the Council and he will go.

I just can’t beleive all this, and all I’m trying to do is set up a payment arrangement.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Bet Equita will have added the £235 Enforcement fee now whether Council put it on hold or not for the thuggish oik fetching up at the door with his 4 x 4

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So yesterday afternoon an enforcement agent turned up at my door, i didn’t let him in. I tried to explain to him about the councils emails with regard to the account and show him proof of the emails from the Council, he wouldn’t look,

He was so aggressive in his manner, he said he was calling Equita, I asked if he could come back in the morning to which he replied no I will be banging on your door again soon, he then said Equita has denied all knowledge, but still wouldn’t look at the proof, he made me feel so intimidated, so I said I would need 24 hours to contact the Council for them to verify, he begrudgingly agreed and said only 24 hours.

He pulled up in my road in this 4x4 truck left it in the middle of the road and was just acting like a thug.

I managed to get through to the Council, who then found the emails they had sent to me, I also explained the amount of times I have been contacting Equita with the payment arrangement and the fact Equita are just ignoring everything, I said I even put in a complaint and still nothing, then they send a bailiff.

He the contacted Equita, he said the account is 100% on hold, he recommends I bombard Equita (those were his words) with continuous emails.

I said that the bailiff said he was coming back, he said that I shouldn’t be receiving any visits, but if the information hasn’t got back to the bailiff yet, if he does knock I am to say this persons name in the Council and he will go.

I just can’t beleive all this, and all I’m trying to do is set up a payment arrangement.

Well done for following the advice given, many don't as they get intimated by the Bailiff's behavior, they aren't all thugs like this one but some are and it is very difficult to ignore them when they are trying to shame you in front of your neighbours in to letting them in.

When they are confronted by someone who knows the limits of the powers they have in certain situations they don't like it, so the bully boy tactics are expected but it's always going to be the same result - they have to leave unresolved.

If they come back do the same thing and expect them to be prepared, they now know you are not intimidated so they may try other tactics such as turn up looking like a delivery person and they won't reveal who they are until you open the door, at which point they will push past you - they are not allowed to but some don't care.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

since the visit from the bailiff, I have had contact from my local Authority confirming the account is on hold and this week I received an email from my local authority stating that they have asked Equita to contact me to come to a payment arrangement that is affordable to me.

In total I have now sent around 20 emails to Equita.

Today I have received 2 letters from Equita and they are both removal notices for the same account.

It seems they are blatantly ignoring my Local authority.

I have now sent another email to Equita stating again what has been said by the local Authority.

Obviously on Monday I will inform the council and just hope they might take the debt back and let me pay them.

I was also wondering if I would be able to take this further with anyone higher, as I have all my emails and emails from the council and not once have I had an acknowledgment from Equita except threatening letters?

Have you thought about contacting your local Councillor(s) and ask they intervene on your behalf? Best initial contact is by phone and if you do it today or tomorrow then hopefully they will be on the Council doorstep first thing Monday. Find out who to contact @ https://www.writetothem.com/ . If they refuse or are reluctant to get involved then go to the Leader of the Council.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]