Partial corrective lens surgery

Russell FM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Not sure who to contact on this matter. I am planning to have an eye procedure that will improve the vision almost perfectly in my left eye, but still some need for glasses when reading because of my right eye. I have worn glasses or corrective lenses for almost 20 years as a driver.

Do I need to get my information changed in the licence system once my left eye is healed? Or would I still be under the category for wearing lenses because I will need glasses to read? I found a medical issues number here but was not sure if it is correct.

thanks,

RM

I think that his is something which needs to be discussed with the DVLA, your doctor - and maybe flag it up with your insurers. I don't think that it would be sensible to rely on the advice we might give you here on this issue. Sorry

As above.

Although I can tell you from my own experience, that I do wear glasses to read & use the computer, I do not need them to drive.

Neither the DVLA or my insurers were interested. As long as I didn't need them to drive they didn't care.

Always best to check for yourself though, the DVLA (especially) changes like the wind :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I cannot post links but google "Dr Gareth Bowen Rees DVLA Driving and your eyesight" its on the DVLA website about this

Thanks for this--I will reach out to him. Went to his webpage. Funny photo of him just sitting at a desk surrounded by other people sitting at desks.

does your optician say that you need glasses for driving? peopel who have vision problems that are corrected by glasses dont automatically fall into a category where the DVLA must be informed so see what your vision is after the surgery