Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    neilfisk Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2009

Default Re: Suspension Question

Hey, Im trying to find one. Iv been asking around and awaiting people coming back to me...hopefully I can find someone

Basic Account Holder
    Beatrixx Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2012

I'm not saying that taking someone you know is a union rep is not the right thing to do but I would check that first.

I had trouble with this when I was suspended; I wanted to take an ex-colleague who was a union rep. ACAS told me this would be perfectly fine but HR wouldn't allow this. Said it went against the terms of my suspension and employment contract. They used it against me in my investigation, said I was speaking to external parties about my suspension which was a breach of contract. I never got a chance to find out who was right.

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

ACAS told me it is fine speaking to union reps but they have to have proof that they are reps of a union but saying that its also down to the company HR policy who can attend.....total nightmare!

Basic Account Holder
    G G GEE Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2014

Make sure you make an audio recording of any meeting, it could prove invaluable if you end up at an Employment tribunal.

If you do go into the meeting alone and feel overwhelmed at any time then do request a brief adjournment, so you can get your thoughts together and process the information so far. Do not be timid about requesting several brief adjournments, if that is what you need to respond effectively.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neilfisk View Post
    ACAS told me it is fine speaking to union reps but they have to have proof that they are reps of a union but saying that its also down to the company HR policy who can attend.....total nightmare!
    it is not down to the company. You have no right to be accompanied at an investigation meeting, unless their policy says so, but if it is a disciplinary you have a right to be accompanied, in law, by
    - a collegue employed by the same company
    - a union rep/official - of any union, employed by any company not just yours, as long as they can show they are a rep/official

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Thanks for that. Im still trying to find someone. Is there any timescale for HR to inform me that I am suspended?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Thanks for that. Im still trying to find someone. Is there any timescale for HR to inform me that I am suspended?
    HR don't have to inform you you are suspended, since (according to you) your manager has already done so.

Hi all,
    On Friday I got pulled into my bosses office who informed me that I was suspended with immediate effect
    Are you saying that you don't believe your manager and want HR to confirm it?.

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

My manager suspended me but it has to be OK'd by our HR and I have not heard anything from them..

Basic Account Holder
    Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2011

My manager suspended me but it has to be OK'd by our HR and I have not heard anything from them..
    Surely that's an internal procedure that means your manager needed HR approval before telling you that were suspended? HR don't have to tell you as well do they. is that actually stated in the company disciplinary policy? Presumably you have assumed you are suspended as you haven't been in to work since your manager told you that were suspended?

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

as llong as they are paying you then it doesnt make any difference.

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Hey, I now have a union rep which is great. GMB Union have aggreed to help. I also recieved an email from my HR dept with a meeting date. It states the reason why and there are statements from the accountant + her assistant, then one from the person who did this BUT both accountants state the wrong person in their account off things.....dont know where I stand with this, plus the venue is at my place off work which I dont want. Can I ask for it to take place at a diff location with in the company? Thanks again all

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

to answer the last bit forst- No but if HR have offices away from your place of work on the site then suggest that would be more comfortable with no interruptions etc.
    As for their witness statements being wrong, this is why the meeting is happening so you will get an opportunity to point ths out. Make sure your rep knows all about this beforehand and have anything that is on paper to support your side of things the co cant really argue that obeying a direct order is a breach of your conditions even if the outcome is something they dont like

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    to answer the last bit forst- No but if HR have offices away from your place of work on the site then suggest that would be more comfortable with no interruptions etc.
    As for their witness statements being wrong, this is why the meeting is happening so you will get an opportunity to point ths out. Make sure your rep knows all about this beforehand and have anything that is on paper to support your side of things the co cant really argue that obeying a direct order is a breach of your conditions even if the outcome is something they dont like
    Hi, thanks for that info. Appreciate it

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Hey all, well they dismissed me as off Thur as they felt that I abused my position. Not recieved any conformation yet but have right to appeal once I do get it....gutted about it all

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

I'm sorry to hear that. Was thir evidence reasonably solid? The test isn't 100% certain you did something wrong, but would it be a reasonable assumption to make following the evidence

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Always appeal. Nothing to lose and its usually done by someone from another office or outside the company.

Basic Account Holder
    G G GEE Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2014

Submit your request for an appeal at the same time give them a SARicon.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Beatrixx Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2012

Sorry to hear that. I agree with the others, definitely go for the appeal.

Only submit a SARicon now if you think you're fighting a losing battle; then you have to ask yourself why you are going through the pain of an appeal. If you lose your appeal, then submit a SAR. If you submit a SAR now, they will see you as a hinderance and be glad to be rid of you. You have the right to see the evidence they based their decision on and that is all you need at this stage.

Remember, if you want to take them to a tribunal you only have 3 months to do so from your dismissal date. Don't wait for your appeal decision as it may take longer than 3 months.

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Thanks all. I will be def appealling this but know that this will make no diff. They have taken statements from 'all' 12 salemen but only 3 were provided as add evidence against me, 1 off whom really does not like me and was forced to move to our branch but didnt want to as I was there. Another was from anonymous which said they heard me asking.....its a joke tbh honest given the other things that went on and nothing getting done, HR wise, about it and alot worse than what I got accused off....

Basic Account Holder
    conneylass15 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2010

Was reading this all and sorry to hear you got dismissed. Any updates on how appeal went for you. I am currently on a work suspension and has lasted nearly a year. Just received my first investagtion meeting 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details