Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: Suspension Question

I too would avoid a SA\r and ride it out An aggressive stance raises suspicion; innocent people dont need to set up a giant defence. They're simply innocent.o

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    neilfisk Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2009

Morning all, thanks for all the replies. Really appreciate it, bit stressed out this morning about it again. I will speak to my union tomorrow and take it from there but I am up for a fight as this is not the first time I have been accused off something that I never did and other people seem to get away with doing, in my eyes, worse things that what I am getting accused off and nothing happened to those people, not even any HR investigations...

Basic Account Holder
    G G GEE Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2014

Give the union all the information and let them know what you expect from them, don't accept a second rate service. Ultimately, if the union proves useless then the fight is down to you, pull no punches and attack on all fronts.

Passivity is not your friend, attack, attack, attack, but also try to keep a sense of perspective about the whole thing. When all is said and done it's just a job, not life and death.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

It is extremely unwise to attack on all fronts. Especially as it's just a standard investigation

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

It looks like someone at your company has seen somehting and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

i would suggest that you are not agressive and use what you know in a dispassionate way and the chances are nothing will come of this. If you say you are going after them for this slur on your character or whatever they may well pull up the drawbridge and take a decision that is bad for them in the long run but bad for you now.

Once they have made a decision it can be challenged anyway but then you will be on firmer ground. No, it isnt fair but getting your rep to have a word with the person running the meeting well beforehand may mean that it doesnt happen.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Hi all, I cant thank you all enough for the advice. I am awaiting a call back from the union rep so will take it from there. Thanks

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Remember neil, if your workplace rep lacks the skills or knowledge to help you, you can go direct to the regional rep.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by neilfisk View Post
    Hi all, I cant thank you all enough for the advice. I am awaiting a call back from the union rep so will take it from there. Thanks
    Please let us know how you get on.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

The Union Rep you mean?

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    Please let us know how you get on.

HB
    Hey, I sure will. Thanks again

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Yes, and anything else that happens that you need help with.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Thanks. Am I wrong to ask who has actually suspended me? Because it was my manager who told me but never said where it came from....

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

"the business" suspends you rather than a specific person, so it's not a helpful question

Any other questions get you into "who saw what" which you'll find out if the investigation goes anywhere, and are therefore best avoided so you cannot be seen to be influencing the investigation (which in law is a neutral process)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Let the rep do the probing if they are having a chat with the manager before the official meeting

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Hi, so the rep called and has said that he can only give 'telephone advice' as its only been a month since I joined them....not sure who I can take in with me now as I do not want any off my staff in the meeting, as my manager has told them all that 'I am off sick'....

the tell the rep what has happened and ask them to speak to the investigator/manager. If the rep is a full time officer rather than a lay rep they will know the score, if it is a workplace lay rep it may be harder to get taken seriously depending on how big the company is, how many union members there are and so on.

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Its Unite and he was only willing to give advice over the phone due to me not long joining them

Basic Account Holder
    Beatrixx Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2012

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case with the union. It is correct, I went to my union rep for advice shortly after joining and while they were extremely helpful (on an unofficial basis), they couldn't fully help until after 3 or 6 months of membership.

I can't stress enough to be patient with all this and only speak when spoken to. They will contact you when they want to, not before. If any of your colleagues contact you during the suspension period, confirm that you are off sick and thank them for their concern. If this does happen, DO NOT tell HR or your manager that you have spoken to them. Silence is going to be your best friend until you get called in for the investigation meeting (if you get called in, you may get called back into work if they find no proof).

I do hope you get the result you do and the next message we get from you is that your case was unproven

Basic Account Holder
    neilfisk Novitiate

Yeah, really frustrating tbh. Iv not heard anything...yet. But I would rather hav someone with me if a meeting does happen as I know there will be 2 HR people attending.....

if you have friends who are reps anywhere they can come with - legally it does not have to be YOUR rep.... any qualified relatives?

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details