parking charge notice Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have rec today (17/03) a PCN requesting £100 or £60 within 14 days

- the letter states the charge incurred for overstaying time and quotes the duration of my whole time parked with pictures entering and exiting the car park.

I paid for 12 hrs to 3.25am approx. and paid again @ 6.09am for 12 hours and left 3hrs.20mins before expiry of the 2nd ticket, so in all i overstayed approx 2hrs 44 mins but let 3hrs 20 mins before expiry.

I know I cannot cancel one against the other but is £60 - £100 an excessive charge and should I appeal?.

Please help

Can you have a look at this thread

Also if you can, scan the ticket that you've received. Remove any personal details, vehicle registration, PCN, Bar and QR codes, then convert it to PDF and upload it to the thread.

Once we have all the details we can start to pick apart what they've sent you.

Finally, if you're local to this car park, so pictures of the signage in and around the car park and at the entrance(s) to the car park from the road.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi I have just realised that we were in the car park for a total of 23.5hrs but overall paid 2 lots of 12 hr parking so paid for 24hrs in total - do you think i could appeal on these grounds. I cannot imagine they lost any business at 3.25 am when the car park was nearly empty

Get the details in to the thread that we've asked for. Don't do anything else until we've had a look at that.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

it isnt about lost business and it isnt about parking, it is about what the contract they offered you said and that you accepted its terms by putting money into their machine so detail of that offer is the key here. sensible alternatives dont count I'm afraid so best stick to the well trodden path when dealing with this.

Hi I have just realised that we were in the car park for a total of 23.5hrs but overall paid 2 lots of 12 hr parking so paid for 24hrs in total - do you think i could appeal on these grounds. I cannot imagine they lost any business at 3.25 am when the car park was nearly empty