Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: HXCPM/Gladstones claimform ANPR PCN - Overstay Lawson Road Brighouse HD6 1NY

That's one hell of an "up yours". I hope you wrote that in crayon!

However, I fear that it'll be completely lost on Gladrags, as they don't seem to conform to the same rules as everyone else and certainly won't understand any of the big words.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2018

Default Re: HXCPM/Gladstones claimform ANPR PCN - Overstay Lawson Road Brighouse HD6 1NY

Ha ha. Thanks, I canít take credit for it though.

Yes I fear you are right 🙄

at least you will be able to show it to a judge when you claim your costs for their unreasonable conduct under CPR 27.14.2(g) The muppets who run these parking companies shoud learn to think for themselves or pay the consequences. I hope that they do get clobbered, I have no sympathy for laziness

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Just had a thought.

There’s no way that they can issue a claim and us not know about it is there?

There would definitely be something that comes through the post?

Having a slight panic that something might be missed ��

They would get the details from the DVLA, so if your address is up to date, it shouldn't be a problem, as I understand it.

HB

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

you put your name and address on top of the letter didnt you? that way they are obliged to use that address for service of documents.

Basic Account Holder

Yes but just wasn’t sure if they could be underhanded and forego notifying that they were starting claim procedures...thereby gaining a default judgement (eventually)

Sorry I think maybe the conspiracy theorist in me is getting the better of me ��

vehicle registered at current address? yes
    NTK and other letters sent to current address? yes

If they then send claim formicon to another address how the hell wouild they expect to get the money from you?
    If they took you to court thye add a load of costs they havent actually shelled out yet such as fees and solicitor costs.
    they only pay these if it gets to a hearing and they bother to pitch up.

they would rather get you to poo yourself and pay up the inflated claim as that is another £75 in their pocket
    so of course they will use the right address or when they get the CCJ by using wrong address you appeal for set aside and the cost is slapped on them for their unreasonable behaviour and they also risk not being allowed to start again by summary dismissal of a naughty claim.

They are greedy but not necessarily that stupid.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

That did make me chuckle. ��. I take your point. I will wait patiently....

Basic Account Holder

We have had a reply from Gladdy’s today.

They have dated the letter 5th April and given 30 days to respond, the letter was only delivered today a whole week after the letters date!!! !!!128545;

They have not included anything that was requested in the above letter but merely state that their LBCCC is ‘compliant with the most up to date version of the Practice Direction for pre-action protocolicon and a such you will not be issued with an amended copy’.

What do I do now? Do we re-request the docs again or sit tight and wait for the claim formicon?

TIA

Sit tight. Think about it, you didn't really want a proper reply

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ha. I must confess...a small victory dance was performed.

that will lose their clients 25% of any claim they win

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2018

Usual nonsense from Gladrags.

HX are getting noticed these days.
    Kenny (the director) is keen to hide where they actually operate - they have an office in the Elsie Whitely Innovation Centre, Hopwood Lane, halifaxicon.

The registered address in Lytham has 20+ companies registered there (i.e. just a convenience) and the Huddersfield address is just a mailbox at Mailboxes Etc.

They do litigate and they seem to happily follow Gladdy's, no-one from HX will appear at court, Gladdy's will attempt to do it on paper alone and will try to mislead you.

Don't fall for anything - check any wording from Gladdy's e.g. if they send you an email or letter with a court document (e.g. an N180) check that it says it has actually been filed with the court, not that "it will be filed with the court" - this is a ploy to get site of your docs before filing theirs.

They also are regulars for claiming CPR 31:14icon isn't applicable (it is until the court allocates to track so make sure you USE IT).

Having said that, among the large numbers of ongoing claims, I don't think Gladdy's can join the dots and know which claims are less likely to succeed - they just push them all knowing that the mugs at the car parking company pay their bill either way.

all very true. Also note that gladdys roboclaims dont say what the claim is for and that can screw the claimant before they have even heard the starting gun.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks for that Ericsbrother and numnumnum.

In the end we did write a second letter requesting all items which G's will be relying on in court. Just to show in court (if it gets that far) that all reasonable measures have been taken on our part. Since then everything has fallen silent. It's been approx 6 weeks since the last letter was sent to them.

Is there anything we can do at this point to make this go away or do we just have to sit tight and wait for Gladys to decide what they're doing?

Have been cautiously prepping defence whilst waiting.....

Stupid idea playing letter tennis

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

they have 6 yearsicon from the date of event to issue a claim.

By playing letter tennis and wording it as you have with your waffle about reasonable measures you have made it clear that you accept that you did enter into a relationship with them

Basic Account Holder

Thanks ericsbrother.

The second letter did not contain 'waffle' about reasonable measures. It was a second request (almost identical to the first letter) requesting all info.

I'm not sure sure what you mean when you say 'clear that you accept that you did enter into a relationship with them'.

Re-requesting info is something that should not have to be done. Just shows how uncooperative G's are being surely? Especially since they haven't even responded to the second request?

I realise they have 6 yearsicon from the date of issuance but I was unsure as to whether at this point due to the fact they haven't thus far complied with PAP, if there were any grounds for this matter to be now closed?

Follows
    Following

No
    And they don't have to comply with PAP.
    Does not apply to private parking

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast