Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Default Re: HXCPM/Gladstones claimform ANPR PCN - Overstay Lawson Road Brighouse HD6 1NY

they cant do that its in admissible
    bet it was by email?

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2018

Default Re: HXCPM/Gladstones claimform ANPR PCN - Overstay Lawson Road Brighouse HD6 1NY

Hi DX,

They sent it by post. Post-mark yesterdays date.

Honestly....We get to a point when we think we understand it all and then something like this happens and it throws us! lol

inadmissible
    if they refer to it you tell the judge the postage date and when you got it.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks DX. Will do.

I suspect this is a final attempt at scaremongering.....What they don't realise is that we're at a point where we might be shaken, but definitely not stirred ))

so when you get top court you ask for that letter to be chucked out as inadmissable.If they send thier witness along then they can make those points in person. If they dont have that witness then their lawyer can ask questiosn but cant respond as they arent there in their own right. Some judges enforce the procedures, others let anyone say anything and then show in their summing up on how they make their decision what they think of this sort of thing and will not be kind to a legal person trying it on against a lay person.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks EB, will do along with the second one they sent a week ago!

Have demolished a small forest in wood what with all the printing that we've done. Just sorting Costs now (in case we get chance to reclaim them if we win). Looking at other threads am I right in claiming costs for:
    printing - is this per page and how much per page?
    postage
    travel - per mile? at what cost per mile?
    parking
    loss of earnings
    Am i on the right lines?

Thanks, your help has been invaluable, I just hope everyones hard work pays off tomorrow!!

printing- say 20p a page, postage at cost. travel- 2nd class rail fare or mileage at govt set allowance of 45p per mile. (dont forget there and back)

Parking at cost
    loss of earnings-depends on your job as you have to show a loss. Self-employed and those on an annual salary who cna choose when they work or take holiday tend to get nothing as they can make up the time so only those who clock in or get paid hourly get the money. Work out your pay for a day though and put that down and explain how your employer views your absence. If forced to take a days a/l you may well get the money.
    You are right about needing numbers to show the judge though or you get just the rail fare.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks EB

Wish us luck 😬

another thing is dont forget to take a printout of the law regarding rights of audience. IfHXPCM or BWL dont turn up then they have to pay a SOLICITOR to attend as counsel. Because thy only pay about 50 the local solicitors often send along a paralegal and as they arent involved from the outset and arent a practising solicitor they have no right to speak.

So challenge the credentials of whoever turns up but dont talk to them beforehand or mention this until they get to the court door. the judhe MAY decide to let them speak ( their court so their rules for some) but much less weighting will be given to what they say as they arent a witness, just someone reading stuff out. This means they shouldnt be allowed to cross examine or answer questiosn on matters of fact because thye dont know the fats as set out in the claimants WS.

Try and keep their input to a minimum but dont upset the judge by being rude to them to do this.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks EB have printed out CPR 27. 3.1 & 3.2. Is that sufficient?

if you are not self employed I thought loss of earnings is set a 90 per day?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

take a copy of CPR 27.14.2(g) as well. You might get lucky and get a couple of hundred quid if you can show that they knew their claim had no merit and their behaviour was unreasonable. Unreasonableness test is a very variable thing but always worth asking.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks EB.

Have just got out after a 4 minute hearing.
    They allowed me in as the defendants lay rep.
    Gladys did a no show.

Judge was satisfied with the defendants evidence showing he could not have been the driver and also agreed that there was no obligation for him to name the driver.
    She awarded 50 in costs.
    Not massive but we don't care tbh
    Glad it's o er and we can get on with our lives!!

CANNOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!!!!!

Really, you all have been a massive support and your patience knows no bounds.

Will make a donationicon as soon as my adrenaline comes back down to a normal level ��

Follows
    Following

as they didnt pitch up you had more grounds for a CPR 27.14.2 unreasonable costs order.
    Ah well at least HX have lost a good couple of hundred quid for believeing the drivel that Will and John put out as Gladdys/IPC.
    they are sure to be a little more careful next time.

Tell all your friends and get your friends to tell their friends.
    i hope you parked in one tof the car parks they manage and then didnt pay to be there.
    They would learn the meaning of irony then.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ha ha EB you crack me up.

Yes wish I'd seen the above post but it was too late by then we went in at 2.20.

Anyway, never mind, I'll know for next time 🤪

Thanks again. donationicon made

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2016

Well done! Brilliant news!

well done CAGicon...
    tnx the donationicon.

thread marked as won+costs

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks FTMDave all thanks to this site! 🙏🏽