Rooftop Mortgages Redemption fees

gprit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an interest only mortgage with Rooftop mortgages that expired March last year. It was always planned that the repayment would be from the sale of the property (never late or missed payments). Unfortunately did not sell until this month.

Redemption statement shows £726 in 'fees'.

In September last year I had a letter from solicitors appointed by Rooftop - in that letter they asked for my repayment intentions (which Rooftop already knew) and stated that I would be liable to costs IF the actions appended (ie court hearing/repossession) were proceeded with.

None of that happened. The solicitors have been a courier service to relay messages back and fore as I am abroad and Rooftop do not use email (their solicitors do...) Their contact comprises two letters from Rooftop attached to their emails.....six emails 3-4 lines each, mostly acknowledging my updating them.

I am presuming this 'fee' is for solicitor intervention, but their letter in September clearly states I would be liable for costs only if the court hearing etc were actioned.

Attempting to clarify with Rooftop but obviously I want the sale to go through as quickly as possible

- can I pay/protest now and then contest this charge 'after the settlement'?

Possibly by going to the Finnacial Ombudsman?