PCM Windscreen PCN claimform - Sailsbury village - REsidential Permit fallen on Floor **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a parking ticket for £60 if I pay it in 14 days and £100 if I pay it in 30 days from a PCM (Parking control management),

I have a permit however it was on the floor of my car but visible through the windscreen, I still got a ticket,

I appealed the ticket and I still have no reply.

I got a letter in the post stating I now have to pay £160 because I haven’t paid,

however I was waiting for the reply from the appeal

I called and apparently if I hadn’t heard in 14 days from the appeal I should of called them and I was made aware that it said this on the back of the parking ticket, however they claimed to have sent a letter declining the appeal on the 2nd of February which I still haven’t received,

I appealed on the 1st of February and the ticket was issued on the 30th of January.

What shall I do?

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you have identified yourself as the driver, what kind of Permit system is it, work? Residential?

Hang tight the team will be along soon with other questions in the meantime if you could answer the questions here:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So you have identified yourself as the driver, what kind of Permit system is it, work? Residential?

It is a residential area, I live in the area and my car is normally parked there. The area is controlled by PCM and you need permits to park there. I hope this helps.

Have you got allocated parking, and is it rented or owned properties? Terms of occupation might trump the PPC depending on who allowed them to infest the area. Anyway I'm sure the team will be along soon with useful info and advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

We don't have allocated parking and I'm a student at Hertfordshire University living in a rented properly for students.

I received the parking charge on the 30th of January, appealed on the 1st and said this:

I recently bought a new car, my permit had yet to be stuck onto the new window so it was left on the dashboard. Presumably a gust of wind blew the permit from the dashboard onto the front seat.

I was in a lecture when my housemate saw the traffic warden and ran outside to challenge him, however he had disappeared.

He got photographic evidence of the permit on display in the front of the vehicle minutes after the traffic warden issued the ticket.

The time the ticket issued was 10:48am, the time-stamp on the first photo taken of the ticket and permit on display was at 10:56am (delay caused by searching for the traffic warden).

The permit was clearly visible from any angle, which is backed up by photo evidence.

The photos were taken by a housemate who did not have access to the inside of the car, so he saw what the warden would have seen.

I live in a rented house that issued 2 parking permits, only two residents of the house can drive (me and one other), so there is no reason why my permit wouldn't have been in the car.

I understand that the permit should have been on the dashboard, but due to my circumstances i hope that you can show me kindness and allow me this once.

I cant currently afford to pay the charge and it will leave me in dire financial circumstances, potentially leaving me in the situation where i cannot afford to travel home to see my dad, my mum recently passed in December and he relies on me to come home to visit him every weekend.

I can provide photos when requested.

Thankyou for time.

Apparently it was declined and i was sent a letter in the post on the 2nd of Feb which i still haven't received and i was made aware of this when i rang up after receiving a letter stating i have to now pay £160 as i didn't enquire about the appeal within 14 daysand it says on this on the back of the parking charge that if i didn't receive a reply in 14 days i had to call, I wasn't given any reason as to why it was declined. this happened in salisbury village a residential area in hatfield.

1. 30th January 2018

2. Yes i appealed, this is what i said:

I recently bought a new car, my permit had yet to be stuck onto the new window so it was left on the dashboard. Presumably a gust of wind blew the permit from the dashboard onto the front seat.

I was in a lecture when my housemate saw the traffic warden and ran outside to challenge him, however he had disappeared.

He got photographic evidence of the permit on display in the front of the vehicle minutes after the traffic warden issued the ticket.

The time the ticket issued was 10:48am, the time-stamp on the first photo taken of the ticket and permit on display was at 10:56am (delay caused by searching for the traffic warden).

The permit was clearly visible from any angle, which is backed up by photo evidence.

The photos were taken by a housemate who did not have access to the inside of the car, so he saw what the warden would have seen.

I live in a rented house that issued 2 parking permits, only two residents of the house can drive (me and one other), so there is no reason why my permit wouldn't have been in the car.

I understand that the permit should have been on the dashboard, but due to my circumstances i hope that you can show me kindness and allow me this once. I cant currently afford to pay the charge and it will leave me in dire financial circumstances, potentially leaving me in the situation where i cannot afford to travel home to see my dad, my mum recently passed in December and he relies on me to come home to visit him every weekend.

I can provide photos when requested.

Thankyou for time.

3. I have recieved a letter i don't know if it is a NTK, I recieved it on the 14th of March, there is no photographic evidence, it is a letter from Trace who are a debt recovery company, the letter says i have to pay £160 as the case has been passed on to them. The only thing I have recieved from PCM was the ticket on my windscreen.

4. There was no reply from PCM however they have claimed to reply but i haven't received any reason or letters as to why my appeal was declined.

5. PCM-Parking control Management, however it has now been passed to Trace-debt recovery

Edited by apahtan

So the extra ££60 added by the toothless DCA is the famed Unicorn food tax.

Could you get us some pictures of the signage in & around the area which relates to parking.

Try to get some nice close up shots of any displayed (so called) terms & conditions as well.

Convert them to PDF and upload them to this thread. :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

OK. Could the permit be seen by looking through the windscreen? Even if that meant moving your head.

The term on their sign makes the valid display of a permit impossible unless you are a glass engineer.

"Displaying a valid parking permit within the windscreen of the vehicle".

For that to be complied with you would have to have a new windscreen manufactured for your vehicle with a parking permit embedded within it. And a new windscreen every time that they changed the permit. Sounds a bit much.

If they want to use legalese on their signs and then try to beat you with it, then they really should be saying exactly what they mean. Otherwise, you can beat them over the heads with their own signage.

As it is, you've got a permit and it was on display in the vehicle (regardless as to where it was). Let them do their worst. There's no way that they'd ever win this in court.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Further, I've just noticed that they're also claiming to be a member of a trade body that doesn't exist. The "Independent Parking Committee" no longer exists as a trade organisation. Naughty naughty.

That sign does seem to ask the impossible and probably get laughed at if they tried court, DF has identified serious breaches below their waterline so follow what the team advise. The devil is in the detail, DF and EB are very good at digging out the detail and any anomalies therein that can be used to tolchok the PPC.

I'm on my phone, so this is a little harder to type, but...

PCM will be 'claiming' that the driver has breached the "terms and conditions that are prominently and clearly displayed"

How can a driver breach a condition that cannot possibly be complied with?

Further, they will 'claim' that they "adhere to the codes of practice" of their trade association, which is the International Parking Community.

The signage however says that they are members of the "Independent Parking Committee" an organisation that does not exist, so how can they be complying with its terms?

If PCM have failed to update their signage, that can hardly be the fault of the driver.

None of these points will make any difference to PCM unless they try to take you to court, where these points and many others can be used in your defence to beat them.

Hell, they might even end up owing you money :lol:

DF is Dragonfly1967 who has been giving you excellent pointers, EB is ericsbrother, another thorn in the side of greedy PPC's.

thanks for the advice, this is looking promising! could you please elaborate what DF and EB mean, thank you

DragonFly and EricsBrother

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK read the sign carefully, it says parking is permitted for ........ Well, if you werent displaying a permit you are prohibited from parking and prohibition is that, not a genuine offer of parking. This means that the conditions do not apply to you. The argument that the permit was fully visible is equal as the sign doesnt say it has to be in the front windscreen or any other specific place.

The Independent Parking Committee was the name used by Will and John of Gladstones for the parking trade association but they didnt register it and someone else did so they had to change their name to the International Parking Community. as they threaten to sue anyone using the former name in relation to parking control they hsould by rights be seeking an injunction against their own member.

This may seem to be a petty squabble but it menas that PCM cannot issue a lawful demand at that site because they havent followed the protocols laid down in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 that prescribes what has to be done so a parking cvo can claim anything from an individual.

In short, there are at least 3 reasons as to why this claim is duff and you have already been told the increased amount issnt lawfully binding so even if you owed them money it would be £100 at most and adding the extra probably renders that contract void by misrepresentation so an unfair unenforceable contract.

For the moment ignore the muppets and whenit gets as far as Gladstones writing to you then you let rip regarding the use of the wrong IPC logo etc and tell them that you will quote themselves in court if they are stupid enough to take up a lost cause.

Let us know what letters you receive and dont forget to update any address you have used even if that menas writing to them before they have done anything else or they may try their luck at court in the hope you dont get the claim form

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added paragraphs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...