style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this may not be something you can comment on but will try it anyway!

I own a 999 year lease(virtual freehold) on a cafe and just recently the landlord asked me if I would like to purchase the freehold on the cafe and the 8 flats above, in other words the freehold of the whole building.

The 8 flats are mostly sold on a 999 year lease.

We didn't discuss a price but I don't think it would be a frightening price and would be based on the yield the flats generate which is around £5000 pa in ground rent.

My question is would it be beneficial to own the freehold or more bother than its worth?

Thanks in advance

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

depends on the risk/reward determined by the price.

Also consider what may happen if you dont buy it and someone else does so read your lease extra carefully to look out for things that may crop up if a new landlord wanted to develop at the rear of the property for example. would you lose the ability to have extracts/aircon there? If so then you dont have a business and the new LL gets a shop at a massive discount

I see what you are saying and that its only an example but the cafe is within a listed building and in a conservation area of the town, also directly to the rear of the building is a council owned public carpark so it should be ok on that score.