Help needed with Santander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I keep receiving letters from Santander collections and recoveries for a debt from some years ago.

It’s a statement that says I owe 364.87 and yet doesn’t ask me to do anything and says it’s for my information only.

I ran a credit check on myself and there is nothing there from Santander at all so I presume it’s more than six years old.

Should I pay it off? Cheers in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

It's a matter for you and your own conscience if you paid off or not. I don't think we can advise you on that. We certainly don't encourage people to avoid paying their debts.

On the other hand, if you think that it is more than six years old then it would be unenforceable and you should probably come back here if there are any further developments. Then we can give you some advice as to how to handle it.

Hi, I keep receiving letters from Santander collections and recoveries for a debt from some years ago. It’s a statement that says I owe 364.87 and yet doesn’t ask me to do anything and says it’s for my information only. I ran a credit check on myself and there is nothing there from Santander at all so I presume it’s more than six years old. Should I pay it off? Cheers in advance

What financial arrangements have you had in the past with Santander...or Abbey or Alliance & Leicester or Bradford & Bingley...all acquisitions of the group ?

Perhaps a DSAR to Snatchtander may reveal old banking history of accounts you have held?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

scotland

so most probably already statute barred and extinguished anyway. [5 yrs]

if you cant remember anything about it and you credit file is clear.

if its just an annual statement

its what they must send out under guidelines

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would suspect it was defaulted years ago.

that's why its not on your credit file

and no it cant comeback

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You state its from some years ago so you do actually know what the debt is ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread